Dell XPS 9360 (Clover)
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
Intel UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all!

I have some issues between my LG 27UK850-W monitor, and my XPS-9360 hackintosh. This LG monitor is also a USB-C dock, carrying displayport (alt mode), power delivery, audio for built-in speakers, and data for two USB-A ports. Connecting to the monitor via USB-C, I'm sometimes able to achieve nearly complete functionality of the monitor's various features. Restarting or sleeping/waking the laptop causes some features to no longer work. My issues are as below; goal is for complete and reliable functionality. I've just done a clean-install of latest version of Catalina based on darkvoid's github; OS feels otherwise smooth and solid.

Issues:
  • The monitor does not display any image during boot, nor after booting. I must put the laptop to sleep and then wake it for the monitor to display.
  • If the monitor is connected during boot, the laptop will sometimes cease to display even after macOS loads. Disconnecting the monitor does not help - only option is hard-reboot.
  • The monitor's built-in speaker volume cannot be controlled within macOS - only is adjustable via the monitor's OSD.
  • USB ports are not always functional.
What works:
  • USB-C Powder delivery always works, even when the monitor does not display.
Goal:
  • Reliable functionality of monitor's display, USB ports, speakers and power delivery, completely plug-n-play and the ability to adjust speaker volume level via macOS.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 55
  • patchmatic.zip
    62.8 KB · Views: 38
  • RobotJesus's MacBook Pro.ioreg
    7.6 MB · Views: 43
  • Terminal Saved Output.txt
    3.3 KB · Views: 61
Hi all!

I have some issues between my LG 27UK850-W monitor, and my XPS-9360 hackintosh. This LG monitor is also a USB-C dock, carrying displayport (alt mode), power delivery, audio for built-in speakers, and data for two USB-A ports. Connecting to the monitor via USB-C, I'm sometimes able to achieve nearly complete functionality of the monitor's various features. Restarting or sleeping/waking the laptop causes some features to no longer work. My issues are as below; goal is for complete and reliable functionality. I've just done a clean-install of latest version of Catalina based on darkvoid's github; OS feels otherwise smooth and solid.

Issues:
  • The monitor does not display any image during boot, nor after booting. I must put the laptop to sleep and then wake it for the monitor to display.
  • If the monitor is connected during boot, the laptop will sometimes cease to display even after macOS loads. Disconnecting the monitor does not help - only option is hard-reboot.
  • The monitor's built-in speaker volume cannot be controlled within macOS - only is adjustable via the monitor's OSD.
  • USB ports are not always functional.
What works:
  • USB-C Powder delivery always works, even when the monitor does not display.
Goal:
  • Reliable functionality of monitor's display, USB ports, speakers and power delivery, completely plug-n-play and the ability to adjust speaker volume level via macOS.
should be removed:
Code:
<key>ig-platform-id</key>
        <string>0</string>

The monitor's built-in speaker volume cannot be controlled within macOS - only is adjustable via the monitor's OSD.
As per Apple design

no need for a sortedorder when you have hot patch files

usb setup guide:

this may help with your monitor

Removed those lines from the config.plist, and it already seems to have fixed my main complaint! You've just seriously improved the my quality of life w/ my workstation. thank you!

Will play around with the guides <3

Removed those lines from the config.plist, and it already seems to have fixed my main complaint! You've just seriously improved the my quality of life w/ my workstation. thank you!

Will play around with the guides <3
fantastic!

yes with that change I can now reboot without having to unplug the monitor. feels good. After some testing the other issues still remain. Will work more to understand these guides over the next days, but in the meantime I'm all ears for any other suggestions (from anyone). thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back