USB-C Hotplug Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
H55CM
CPU
I3-530
Graphics
hi, @ddegrasse, is your method still working with 10.13.4? I have the coffee lake version of the X360, I tried all the methods mentioned here including yours. None really seems to make a difference. Basically hot swap won't work unless I have something plugged in before booting. However as long as one USB-C has an attached device during booting, the other port can have hot swap. If unplugged on both ports, then it won't come back again.

Motherboard
HP Spectre x360 (Clover) Board:827E
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
Intel HD 620, 1920 x 1080
hi, @ddegrasse, is your method still working with 10.13.4? I have the coffee lake version of the X360, I tried all the methods mentioned here including yours. None really seems to make a difference. Basically hot swap won't work unless I have something plugged in before booting. However as long as one USB-C has an attached device during booting, the other port can have hot swap. If unplugged on both ports, then it won't come back again.
I actually don't use that method any more. I didn't feel that hotplug was that important to me and I felt the DSDT modifications were sketchy at best. If it's not working for you one thing to try would be patching all _RMV methods instead of just the one the DSDT would patch. I believe that is what I did since I used dynamic patching

Motherboard
H55CM
CPU
I3-530
Graphics
I found this in my DSDT for RP05.PXSX, it is defined separately somewhere in the DSDT:

PowerResource (WRST, 0x05, 0x0000)
{
Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized) // _STA: Status
{
ADBG ("PXSX _STA")
Return (One)
}

Method (_ON, 0, NotSerialized) // _ON_: Power On
{
ADBG ("PXSX _ON")
}

Method (_OFF, 0, NotSerialized) // _OFF: Power Off
{
ADBG ("PXSX _OFF")
}

Method (_RST, 0, NotSerialized) // _RST: Device Reset
{
ADBG ("PXSX _RST")
If (And (DCAP, 0x10000000))
{
Store (DCTR, Local0)
Or (Local0, 0x8000, Local0)
Store (Local0, DCTR)
}
}
}

Name (_PRR, Package (0x01) // _PRR: Power Resource for Reset
{
WRST
})

I am wondering if there is something we can change to make it work? For example to pretend that it is always on?

Status
Not open for further replies.