Contribute
Register

USB C and Thunderbolt 3-- possible yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hackintosh pro build has been on hold, waiting for Apple's next round of desktop hardware. From a motherboard perspective, I did this because I was waiting for apple support for thunderbolt 3 and USB C.

Are the macbook pro's a sufficient update, that I can move forward? Or should I wait, longer, for them to update their desktop hardware?

My hackintosh pro build has been on hold, waiting for Apple's next round of desktop hardware. From a motherboard perspective, I did this because I was waiting for apple support for thunderbolt 3 and USB C.

Are the macbook pro's a sufficient update, that I can move forward? Or should I wait, longer, for them to update their desktop hardware?

I wonder the same things! I Want to be able to use my TB2 drives on my Hackingtosh, using an adapter then! :(

What is the current state of Thunderbolt 3/USB-C support in 10.12.2? What works, and what not? USB3.1? Video over USB-C?
Can I just buy a bunch of cheap Apple TB-3 adapters and connect stuff to my heart's content?
Please share your experiences.

Would love to know the answer to this as well! Does USB3.1 connect to TB via adapter, and can I use TB devices on a new build. It's my main motivation for a new build so I'm eager to know!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back