CPU
i5-13600K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all, I just updated to ventura 13.4 yesterday, suddenly today the bluetooth is not working. USB port mapping was done before and never had any issues. the USB dongle is iogear GBU521 which is support by MacOS. it was working fine before the upgrade.
I can see it is detected correctly in Hackintool, but in systme info, it is not showing as third party dongle any more. any ideas to fix it?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 6.32.02 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 6.32.02 PM.png
    391.8 KB · Views: 155
  • Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 6.34.17 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 6.34.17 PM.png
    213.7 KB · Views: 149
  • Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 6.42.41 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 6.42.41 PM.png
    718.4 KB · Views: 144
I have the same issue and didn't managed to solve it. Tried everything

Try updating the BrcmPatchRam kexts, see if that helps.

yes, tried the last version for BrcmPatchRam, did not work.
Had to revert to Ventura 13.3.1, issue resolved.

Update on June 15: finally the official BrcmPatchRam v2.6.7 released and I upgraded to 13.4, can confirm bluetooth is working properly now.

Last edited:
update: Looks like it is not stable, after reboot or a few times after few reboots, on the start up, bluetooth is not working again. the work around is to reset NVRAM and it will work with next reboot, then after shutdown and start, it will not work.

Any suggestions to ensure the bluetooth driver is loaded without reset the NVRAM every time?

Hi, are you using that two kexts enable on Kernel boot?

Need make a choice for only one of them.

You maybe should update your Opencore, and try use new version of BlueToolFixup.kext

Try remove Broadcom kexts and left only BlueToolFixup.kext, if not work.

But I saw error on your mapping of your BT on Hackintool. Need Map like internal 255

Google it for Usb Map tools.

If you not do it, always your System you looking for another port

Are you trying use 2 BT Dongle? Are you have Pcie card with BT and Wireless?

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2023-07-12 às 01.15.55.png
    Captura de Tela 2023-07-12 às 01.15.55.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 31
Hi, are you using that two kexts enable on Kernel boot?

Need make a choice for only one of them.

You maybe should update your Opencore, and try use new version of BlueToolFixup.kext

Try remove Broadcom kexts and left only BlueToolFixup.kext, if not work.

But I saw error on your mapping of your BT on Hackintool. Need Map like internal 255

Google it for Usb Map tools.

If you not do it, always your System you looking for another port

Are you trying use 2 BT Dongle? Are you have Pcie card with BT and Wireless?
Thanks for your reply! I am using a PCIE TPLink T6E for WIFI and the IOGEAR USB bluetooth dongle.
I thought the BT dongle should not be 255 since it is external? I already use the latest kext and made the NVRAM parameter change as suggested, the only thing to get it work is to reset NVRAM, but once I shutdown and restart, I will have to reset NVRAM again.

I reverted back to 13.3.1 again, everything is perfect.

Keep going. I will test Kinivo BT-400 and soon im report here. Im ordered from Amazon US, and is coming.

I have the same issue and didn't managed to solve it. Tried everything
Hi all, I just updated to ventura 13.4 yesterday, suddenly today the bluetooth is not working. USB port mapping was done before and never had any issues. the USB dongle is iogear GBU521 which is support by MacOS. it was working fine before the upgrade.
I can see it is detected correctly in Hackintool, but in systme info, it is not showing as third party dongle any more. any ideas to fix it?
Me too I'm running Ventura 13.6.1 and the dongle not works, but I run on second disk Big Sur and works perfect.
Any body get working dongle iogear on Ventura??

I finally managed to activate Bluetooth easily on Ventura 13.6.1.

I have bought a new USB dongle, I am attaching the Amazon link.

https://www.amazon.es/Fasizi-Bluetooth adapter

OOb doesn't work, but by modifying the kext, it finally works.

What you need :

Intel Bluetooth firmware : https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/IntelBluetoothFirmware/releases/tag/v2.3.0

BlueToolFixup : https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM/releases/

Map your USB first.

Steps :

• How modify IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext
  1. Extract IntelBluetooth-x.xx.zip
  2. Open 'info.plist' on IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext with plist editor.
  3. Search for "IntelBluetoothFirmware_9560"
  4. Change idProduct value to 1
  5. Change idVendor value to 2578
  6. Save
1699788079988.png

• Modifying config.plist
  1. Copy IntelBTPatcher.kext, modified IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext, IntelBluetoothInjector.kext, and BlueToolFixup.kext to your /EFI/OC/Kext folder.
  2. Open your /EFI/OC/config.plist with plist editor.
  3. Go to 'NVRAM>Add>7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82'
  4. Add new key/sibling named "bluetoothInternalControllerInfo", set type to Data, set value to "00000000 00000000 00000000 0000"
  5. Add new key/sibling named "bluetoothExternalDongleFailed", set type to Data, set value to "00".
  6. Do an OC Snapshot.
  7. Make sure all kext that you copied before were enabled except IntelBluetoothInjector.kext. Important! disable IntelBluetoothInjector.kext otherwise your system won't boot.
  8. Save your edit.
  9. Reboot your system.
1699787973081.png

Your USB dongle should work now.

1699788370521.png

Back