Graphics
UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone,
Second attempt at a hackintosh with much better hardware:

Mobo: Gigabyte H370M DS3H
Processor: Intel Core i3-8100
RAM: Ballistix Sport LT 4GB DDR4-2400 (2)
Graphics are integrated.

So far things have been working with some tinkering and I followed the High Sierra guide almost to a T. Only differences are:
*No mention of CFG Lock or OS Type selection
*Added USBInjectAll as recommended by BreBo in order to get the USB drive to boot.

Device booted just fine afternoon installation with a crash in the middle and second attempt install worked fine. No LAN, no sound, muddled graphics but I could boot into Multibeast.

After installing Multibeast to a T without any additional drivers, keep getting a crash where the display goes blank and I have no response. Verbose text is included.

Only boots through safe mode with no keyboard or mouse input. With the USB booter, I can still boot but still no keyboard or mouse response. Been working so hard on this but can find a solution. Any tips where to go next on this?

Attachments

• 1C113C0E-9892-467C-B032-DC8D8D92958C.jpeg
    1C113C0E-9892-467C-B032-DC8D8D92958C.jpeg
    966.1 KB · Views: 206
Hello everyone,
Second attempt at a hackintosh with much better hardware:

Mobo: Gigabyte H370M DS3H
Processor: Intel Core i3-8100
RAM: Ballistix Sport LT 4GB DDR4-2400 (2)
Graphics are integrated.

So far things have been working with some tinkering and I followed the High Sierra guide almost to a T. Only differences are:
*No mention of CFG Lock or OS Type selection
*Added USBInjectAll as recommended by BreBo in order to get the USB drive to boot.

Device booted just fine afternoon installation with a crash in the middle and second attempt install worked fine. No LAN, no sound, muddled graphics but I could boot into Multibeast.

After installing Multibeast to a T without any additional drivers, keep getting a crash where the display goes blank and I have no response. Verbose text is included.

Only boots through safe mode with no keyboard or mouse input. With the USB booter, I can still boot but still no keyboard or mouse response. Been working so hard on this but can find a solution. Any tips where to go next on this?
  • From your uploaded Verbose boot screen image, it is clear you have a Graphics related Boot failure.(See edited image)
  • To diagnose the Exact cause, we need information about the following:
    • How have you connected your Integrated Intel HD to the Monitor? What Cable is used?
    • What options have you selected in BIOS_Peripherals?[See image]
    • What options have you made in BIOS -Chipset?[See image]
    • What Graphics related kexts installed in CLOVER/kexts/Other?
    • What editing done in /CLOVER/ config.plist_Devices
    • What editing done in /CLOVER/config.plist-Graphics
  • To get CLOVER screen shots from HDD to upload to the Forum:
    • Boot using USB Installer
    • In CBM screen, switch to System Disk-> Boot in Verbose Mode to Login screen>Desktop
    • In Desktop> Finder >Preferences [√] Hard disks [√] External Disks [See image]
    • Download and launch CCG :Clover Configurator (Global Edition)
    • From Left panel of CCG window, click Mount EFI > Rt panel bottom locate EFI of System Hard disk > Mount Partition- > Dark EFI icon on Desktop
    • Navigate EFI>EFI>CLOVER >kexts >Other [locate installed kexts ] Capture image shot to upload.
    • /CLOVER/config.plist>Right -click >Open with ...CCG
    • Top of Left Panel of CCG Screen , go to Devices > Screen Capture to upload
    • Left Panel >Graphics > Screen Capture to upload

Attachments

• 1.Graphics Problem.png
    1.Graphics Problem.png
    280.8 KB · Views: 177
  • 2.Peripherals.png
    2.Peripherals.png
    232.2 KB · Views: 355
  • 3.Chipset.png
    3.Chipset.png
    212 KB · Views: 182
  • 4. Finder Preferences .png
    4. Finder Preferences .png
    43.1 KB · Views: 155
Huh interetesting. I had an idea something graphics because of it happening right when it would normally launch the login screen.

• Currently using an HDMI cable as the only monitor I have at the moment is VGA which I know is not supported.
  • Initial display output PCIe 1 Slot
  • VTD Enabled, Internal Graphics Auto, DVMT allocates 64m, DVMT Total 256m
For Clover screenshots, I can’t get any of that. As mentioned before, the furthest I can get is the login screen through USB clover boot on my main drive but from there, no keyboard or mouse input is accepted.
What may help, I copied my Multibeast setup. It was:

Quick Start > Clover UEFI Boot Mode
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC
Bootloaders > Clover UEFI Boot Mode
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,2

Besides that, whatever is setup stock through the guide is what I have.

Huh interetesting. I had an idea something graphics because of it happening right when it would normally launch the login screen.

• Currently using an HDMI cable as the only monitor I have at the moment is VGA which I know is not supported.
For Clover screenshots, I can’t get any of that. As mentioned before, the furthest I can get is the login screen through USB clover boot on my main drive but from there, no keyboard or mouse input is accepted.
What may help, I copied my Multibeast setup. It was:

Quick Start > Clover UEFI Boot Mode
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC
Bootloaders > Clover UEFI Boot Mode
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,2

Besides that, whatever is setup stock through the guide is what I have.
Currently using an HDMI cable as the only monitor I have at the moment is VGA which I know is not supported.
  • That is a potential problem . You need a Monitor with HDMI port; VGA to HDMI adapter creates a a 'bottle neck" in the Graphics Display system.
  • That is a Real Problem .
    • Chose IGFX from drop down menu because you have no PCIE Graphics card in the system
  • Vt-D ENABLED? we have a REAL BIG PROBLEM !!!!!!! >Disable Vt-D
Internal Graphics Auto ? Not good -> ENABLED

DVMT allocates 64m, DVMT Total 256m
That's great ! DVMT-Pre-Allocated : 64M is OK; is better at: 128M
  • Just try the above in your BIOS boot ->reach CBM screen
  • In CBM screen go to Options >Boot Args: and upload a picture of that screen
  • Edit Boot args: -v dart=0 -disablegfxfirmware
  • Go to GraphicsInjector-> open that screen and take a Photo to upload.
  • and perform the following temporary fixes
    • [√]InjectIntel
    • Fake ID : 0x59128086
    • *-platform-id = 0x59120000
  • Return to CBM screen
  • Boot the disk
  • Upload any Problem Verbose boot screen images

That is a potential problem . You need a Monitor with HDMI port; VGA to HDMI adapter creates a a 'bottle neck" in the Graphics Display system.
Not using the VGA monitor. Just using an LCD TV with an HDMI to HDMI cable.

IGFX set!

Vt-D ENABLED? we have a REAL BIG PROBLEM !!!!!!! >Disable Vt-D
Not sure how this got set enabled! Remembered changing this but thanks for catching it.

Internal graphics set.

DVMT set to 128m. Gonna read more on this cause I’m not quite sure what it means. Lot to learn here.

Prechanged boot args
F39FADA3-A1A0-490A-9245-D6D6F2546E29.jpeg

Prechanged Graphics Injector
CEC104C5-1BF6-4CF5-BB8C-D0139ED21BAA.jpeg

Post changes verbose text
7F8E46EA-8018-4679-85D7-5F009FF3F98D.jpeg

This is the last message I saw before the screen went blank again with no visual.

Ok status update:
Being that my USB boots the main OS fine with no keyboard response but boots perfect into recovery with mouse response, I booted into Linux (USB) to move the config.plist from my USB MacOS installer EFI folder into the drive with MacOS. Also tried moving my USBInjectAll kext into the MacOS EFI folder on my main drive.
End of story, same issue persists. Gonna do some more research to see what I could do next. At least trying to get a USB response on the Mac side. Will see how this goes.

Ok status update:
Being that my USB boots the main OS fine with no keyboard response but boots perfect into recovery with mouse response, I booted into Linux (USB) to move the config.plist from my USB MacOS installer EFI folder into the drive with MacOS. Also tried moving my USBInjectAll kext into the MacOS EFI folder on my main drive.
End of story, same issue persists. Gonna do some more research to see what I could do next. At least trying to get a USB response on the Mac side. Will see how this goes.
  • Did you not try the "Graphics Injector-> menu" Edit I suggested from Clover Boot Manager Screen?
  • Since you have copied your EFI Folder rom USB Installer on to the System Hard Disk's EFI Partition (~Transplant of EFI from USB to HDD) , you may upload that EFI from USB for a check and suggest changes.

• My suspicion, based on your post are as follows:
    • /EFI/CLOVER/ config.plist does not have proper Graphics editing in Devices and Graphics Sections of config.plist
    • and /or the CLOVER/kexts/Other is lacking latest Lilu and WhateverGreen.kexts.

Did you not try the "Graphics Injector-> menu" Edit I suggested from Clover Boot Manager Screen?
The image posted in my post was the requested one of what I had prior to changes. The changes you requested had been attempted.

Since you have copied your EFI Folder rom USB Installer on to the System Hard Disk's EFI Partition (~Transplant of EFI from USB to HDD) , you may upload that EFI from USB for a check and suggest changes.
Only the config.plist had been uploaded from the USB EFI to the MacOS EFI. May try the whole EFI folder however since it seems to work best from USB.

Will check those other kexts and upload my EFI setup for further checks once I get back to my machine.

The image posted in my post was the requested one of what I had prior to changes. The changes you requested had been attempted.

Only the config.plist had been uploaded from the USB EFI to the MacOS EFI. May try the whole EFI folder however since it seems to work best from USB.

Will check those other kexts and upload my EFI setup for further checks once I get back to my machine.
config.plist is a "small instruction sheet" of CLOVER boot loader (whether it is in the USB installer or in the System disk)that has to depend for its functions on the one hand on the contents of CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder, CLOVER/kexts/Other folder and themes folder (for the 'Window dressing' like the CBM icons etc) and the BIOS options on the other hand. If there are DSDT/SSDT then the ACPI folder also plays a role in config.plist's actions. If you are Multibooting, then there are yet other Folder contents config.plist has to 'worry about'.

Therefore, if you just donate config.plist from a 'perfectly booting disk' to another disk that crashes during boot, it is like coaching someone without any muscle strength the boxing techniques of a champion and hoping he would win the fight!:)

Hmmm...great point!
Well, moved the EFI folder setup by UniBeast into my HD EFI and finally it boots!...except still not getting any response from the USB keyboard or mouse. Same thing that happens under the USB flash drive. Remember keyboard and mouse worked fine when first installing but MultiBeast was the turning point after the reboot. Really getting close to just doing a full reinstall at this point :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back