Contribute
Register

Usb bluetooth and wifi not working on catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really enough information.

However if that is a Bluetooth USB dongle with a Realtek 8761b chipset, then it is unlikely to work with macOS.
I just checked and yes, it has Realtek 8761b chipset. I'm buying another one to try

You might want to have a look at this list of supported Bluetooth devices. Getting one with a matching device ID/chipset would be beneficial as it would mean the dongle/card is more likely to work.

There are two lists, the bottom list has the more recent cards that work in Monterey & Ventura.

You might want to have a look at this list of supported Bluetooth devices. Getting one with a matching device ID/chipset would be beneficial as it would mean the dongle/card is more likely to work.

There are two lists, the bottom list has the more recent cards that work in Monterey & Ventura.
Thank you a lot

Edit: Is there some card for both buetooth and wifi? I was looking for one, it has intel ax210 chip...

Last edited:
Yes there are cards that provide WiFi & BT.

The recommended cards are Broadcom natively supported Apple cards, such as the BCM943602CS. Not Intel cards. Have a read of this guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back