Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3
CPU
Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 5770
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I recently purchased an Antelope Audio Zen Studio USB Audio Interface and its giving me some problems. In Pro Tools when the CPU usage hits about 70%+ I get some audio pops and clicks. If I open a finder window or a web browser or anything else I get a burst of pops and clicks. Some times it gets bad enough that it doesn't stop and I have to restart the computer to regain functioning audio. This gets much worse when I am bouncing a song. when I check the bounced file it sounds fine and doesn't have any of the pops. I just tried reinstalling the drivers for my MR816 on firewire and ran the same sessions with out any problems what so ever.

Things I have tried:

Uninstalled all other audio drivers
I do not have the Zen selected under sound preferences or any other app.
Update Firmware
Factory Reset
Reset the Audio Settings in the Zen Driver installer
Reinstalled the Zen Drivers
Different USB ports
Different USB Cables
Repaired Disk Permissions
All Mac Optimizations recommended on Sweetwater.

I'm on OS X 10.8.5 running Pro Tools 10.
The unit works fine at lower CPU usage but I don't feel like I should have to give up 30%+ of my cpu to keep this thing happy. I'm going to try a USB PCI-e Expansion card to see if that helps things but I really feel like this is a drivers issue or I have a bad unit. I wanted to check on here for advice before I move forward though.

Also in Pro Tools I do NOT have Ignore Errors During Playback/Record checked and I don't get any errors from Pro Tools when I hear the pops.

Any recommendations?

OS X 10.8.5 - I am not dual booting. This is the only OS on this machine because it is just my work computer.
Intel Core i7-3930K - Hyper Threading disabled because PT runs better that way for some reason.
GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3
Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR3 1600 MHz
Samsung 840 Series SSD
A few other internal drives for recording, samples and misc...
2 firewire cards
I also have a wireless card installed. I have tried disabling it just by clicking Turn Wi-Fi Off. I'm not sure if there is a better way to do this or not.

Thanks!

Did you finally resolve your problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back