Contribute
Register

USB and CAM not working after wake from sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i will install all the kext to S/L/E and post the IOReg and clover folder as requested. than for the response.

It depends...

If you have FakeSMC also installed to /S/L/E, no kexts will be injected from EFI.

I see no ioreg attached; no EFI/Clover either. Please read post #8.

But for final install, all kexts you need should be installed to /S/L/E. Kext injection should be used only when necessary.

I have now moved the kext to S/L/E as said . Kindly find attached IOReg and clover folder Zip.

Attachments

• Raj_MacBook_Pro_IOReg.ioreg
    5.2 MB · Views: 92
  • CLOVER.zip
    4 MB · Views: 63
I have now moved the kext to S/L/E as said . Kindly find attached IOReg and clover folder Zip.

Both USB2 controllers (EHC1/EHC2) appear to be working... (and have active devices on them).

Both USB2 controllers (EHC1/EHC2) appear to be working... (and have active devices on them).
Yes USB 2.0 devices worked always it was only the USB 3.o that wasn't working . Even now i tested and only one USB 3.0 port is accepting devices.
I also notice that the inbuilt cam doesn't work after wake from sleep and also the external mouse or keyboard to wake up the laptop doesn't work. Any suggestions

Yes USB 2.0 devices worked always it was only the USB 3.o that wasn't working . Even now i tested and only one USB 3.0 port is accepting devices.

Which patches did you apply to your DSDT.

What is your BIOS setting for USB3?

I also notice that the inbuilt cam doesn't work after wake from sleep and also the external mouse or keyboard to wake up the laptop doesn't work. Any suggestions

Post ioreg from both before and after sleep.

My suggestion... do a fresh install.

I see lots of "junk" in your system (com.pgp.iokit.PGPdiskDriver, com.pgp.iokit.PGPwdeDriver, com.ibm.mobileconnect.driver.VirtualNetworkController, com.vmware.kext.vmioplug.15.1.6).

Your problems may be caused by something you installed.

oh ok. Will try this over the weekend and post the results after a fresh install. Would the FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and FakePCIID.kext help me to wake the system using a magic mouse or external wireless usb mouse ?

oh ok. Will try this over the weekend and post the results after a fresh install. Would the FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and FakePCIID.kext help me to wake the system using a magic mouse or external wireless usb mouse ?

Wake via USB is often not available.

same problem here
my laptop's usb ports ,including external and internal ones(bluetooth and webcam,for example) stops working after waking from sleep

the different part is that my laptop has two usb 3.0 ports and one usb 2.0 port
but they're all connected to the same controller(intel xhci)
so even if i installed fakepciid_xhcimux my usb 2.0 port still can't be handled by appleusbehci ,because it has the same pci id of the usb 3.0 ports

attatched an ioreg of my hack
please somebody help

Attachments

• debug.ioreg
    4.9 MB · Views: 110
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back