Contribute
Register

USB and Audio Issues after installing Mountain Lion (Asus Maximus V Formula)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z97 Deluxe
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 780
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Guys,

This is what I did

1. Patched BIOS using patches for native CPU power management.
  2. Installed ML using Unibeast (1.5.3) USB. Everything was good.
  3. Booted up ML using Unibeast USB.
  4. System profiler shows all the connected USB devices.
  5. Used Multibeast 5.0.2 to install
    • Easybeast
    • Audio driver (ALC 898 non-dsdt)
    • Ehernet driver (Intel gigabit ethernet hnak)
    • System definition iMac12,2
  6. Remove NullCPUPowerManagement (since I have a patched BIOS). Rebuild system caches.
  7. Reboot. It booted fine but no mouse and keyboard response. Was using front panel USB port (worked fine during install and before Multibeast).
  8. Reboot with different usb port (on Motherboard). This time it worked fine but I can see that some usb devices are missing from system profiler. Bluetooth/Wifi combo card installed on the motherboard does not show up. I was able to see the bluetooth card (20702A0) listed under USB at step 4 (above).
  9. Front panel headphone port is also not working. Speakers connected to the back port work fine.

Somebody please help me to fix these issues. Front panel USB and audio ports are really handy and should be working.

EDIT (8/15/2012)

After some more research I could find out the source of the problem for USB devices. There is some conflict with HPET. If I disable HPET in BIOS all the USB devices appear in system profiler. But the system is not stable after disabling HPET so I re-enabled it. I think a need a patch for IOPCIFamily.kext for resolving this. But I don't have any idea how to do that myself. Any pointers ?

hi, can you please help me. I have the same problem, what you have described in your post. I do not know what and how to do it. I have a problem with front panel, USB and audio do not work.

p.s. sorry for my bad english

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back