Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth Z77
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
GTX 670
Hi guys

i already have everything up and running except the USB 3 ports... i have tried using Rehabmans genericusbxhci.kext and placed in in the System/library/extensions folder and on the kext folder i have in the EFI partition for clover... however, the ports would only detect devices i plug in them (2 usb 3 ports right beside the ethernet port)... in order for me to get a drive recognised, i would have to plug the drive before the computer boots... the 2 intel ports would work out of the box in Mavericks..

really weird... is there a way i can get all the usb ports (3.0) working on this board??

i have xhci set to Auto.. i tried Enabled also... to no avail. it won't read hard drives or Usbs unless plugged before bootup...

ASMedia® ASM1042 controller and Intel USB 3.0 chipsets..

Hi guys

i already have everything up and running except the USB 3 ports... i have tried using Rehabmans genericusbxhci.kext and placed in in the System/library/extensions folder and on the kext folder i have in the EFI partition for clover... however, the ports would only detect devices i plug in them (2 usb 3 ports right beside the ethernet port)... in order for me to get a drive recognised, i would have to plug the drive before the computer boots... the 2 intel ports would work out of the box in Mavericks..

really weird... is there a way i can get all the usb ports (3.0) working on this board??

i have xhci set to Auto.. i tried Enabled also... to no avail. it won't read hard drives or Usbs unless plugged before bootup...

ASMedia® ASM1042 controller and Intel USB 3.0 chipsets..

You don't place the kext in a folder - It must be installed correctly.

Remove GenericUSBXHCI.kext if you have one in /System/Library/Extensions

Copy Rehabman's GenericUSBXHCI.kext to your desktop. Download

If you don't have it already, download KextBeast from Here.
Run KextBeast.

Restart

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back