CPU
i9-7940X
Graphics
ATI Radeon Pro Frontier Edition 16gb x2
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have been going through the forum like a mad man trying to find a board that supports USB 3 at USb 3 speeds with external hardrives without the drives getting randomly disconnected or a ton of kext switching to find the right one.

i have seen many people claim their usb 3 working but the drives wont mount or dont work properly. <- means not working

Please could those of you who use USB 3 drives please post your motherboard and maybe a point to a guide on the process to get it working.

may this thread clear up the usb 3 haze for everyone!

I have been going through the forum like a mad man trying to find a board that supports USB 3 at USb 3 speeds with external hardrives without the drives getting randomly disconnected or a ton of kext switching to find the right one.

i have seen many people claim their usb 3 working but the drives wont mount or dont work properly. <- means not working

Please could those of you who use USB 3 drives please post your motherboard and maybe a point to a guide on the process to get it working.

may this thread clear up the usb 3 haze for everyone!

Mine works *most* of the time... I only use USB 3.0 for connecting an external drive to use as my boot drive clone. I find that if I forget and leave it plugged in after I'm done with it, sometimes it will cause my other USB devices (Logitech wireless keyboard on a Logitech Unifying USB dongle and Apple Magic Mouse connected via an IOGear Bluetooth USB dongle) to lag. Oh, and my motherboard is Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3, which has an Etron EJ168 USB 3.0 chip. I'm using GenericUSBXHCI.kext (version 1.2.7, I believe). I installed it via MultiBeast.

just read the whole thread by sneakers... he doesnt even talk about usb 3. are you mistaken for usb 2?

just read the whole thread by sneakers... he doesnt even talk about usb 3. are you mistaken for usb 2?

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I did not say he is talking about it, just that I have followed his instructions and my USB 3 works. No mistake in that, tested with usb3 external HD. :)

Mine works *most* of the time... I only use USB 3.0 for connecting an external drive to use as my boot drive clone. I find that if I forget and leave it plugged in after I'm done with it, sometimes it will cause my other USB devices (Logitech wireless keyboard on a Logitech Unifying USB dongle and Apple Magic Mouse connected via an IOGear Bluetooth USB dongle) to lag.

That is probably more likely from the radio interference from the USB 3 port itself. Happens constantly with my logitech stuff and my USB wireless dongle.

USB 3.0 does not work on my machine, although according to the documentation for the GenericUSBXHCI kext, it should.

Actually, I get the impression that I should have had native USB 3.0 support using the original Apple kext. My MB (GA-X79-UD3) uses the FL1009 chipset.

Drives show up for a few seconds and then are spontaneously ejected, causing an error message.

I've been trying to fix this for weeks now with no luck. Love to get some help if anyone has some insight. Seems rather ironic that so many people are having trouble with a connection named UNIVERSAL Serial Bus, and a kext called GENERIC!

:crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back