Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi Everybody,

I have more USB 3.0 Disk Drives, for exp. WD My Passport Ultra, when connected to running Mavericks System, it's normaly detected, mounted, it's icon shows up in upper right corner.

With G|DRIVE mobile 1TB 7200 RPM Drive I have problem. When pluged in with system running, it's never detected, laptop's like if doesn't know about that some disk was connected. But after Restart or if disk is conected prior to boot-up, it works normaly.

Looks like some USB 3.0 relared problem, but I have no idea why?

Thanks if anyone have explanation or solution.

Have good evening guys, bye...

Today I tried this G-Drive with real MacBook Air, works normally as expected. Shows up and mounts off from running system with no problems. So problem must be in USB3 ports and their configuration in my system.

Does anyone have idea why this can happen???

Thanx a lot guys, have good evening...

Today I tried this G-Drive with real MacBook Air, works normally as expected. Shows up and mounts off from running system with no problems. So problem must be in USB3 ports and their configuration in my system.

Does anyone have idea why this can happen???

Thanx a lot guys, have good evening...

You're using GenericUSBXHCI.kext for USB3, right? Real Macs do not use GenericUSBXHCI.kext, they use AppleUSBXHCI.kext. So... completely different code. GenericUSBXHCI.kext probably has a fair number of undiscovered therefore unresolved bugs.

AppleUSBXHCI.kext can work on hacks, but usually requires significant DSDT patches, unless the multiplex patch already created (https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch) works for you. If the multiplex patch does not work, you would need to customize it for your DSDT which can be fairly complex.

You're using GenericUSBXHCI.kext for USB3, right? Real Macs do not use GenericUSBXHCI.kext, they use AppleUSBXHCI.kext. So... completely different code. GenericUSBXHCI.kext probably has a fair number of undiscovered therefore unresolved bugs.

AppleUSBXHCI.kext can work on hacks, but usually requires significant DSDT patches, unless the multiplex patch already created (https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch) works for you. If the multiplex patch does not work, you would need to customize it for your DSDT which can be fairly complex.

I'm not sure if got you well... So I should try your multiplex patch to my DSDT and just skip using GenericUSBXHCI.kext, right? I can do that for sure... I just know that without this GenericUSBXHCI.kext before, any device connected to my USB ports caused system to freeze for 5s Pwr Button press (to make Hard Reset) and I don't like to do this to much, cause in this case system is not closed properly and don't know what worse can happen.

But thanks a lot, I'll try and let U know...

I'm not sure if got you well... So I should try your multiplex patch to my DSDT and just skip using GenericUSBXHCI.kext, right? I can do that for sure... I just know that without this GenericUSBXHCI.kext before, any device connected to my USB ports caused system to freeze for 5s Pwr Button press (to make Hard Reset) and I don't like to do this to much, cause in this case system is not closed properly and don't know what worse can happen.

But thanks a lot, I'll try and let U know...

Yes, it is something you experiment carefully with.

Sorry for stupid question can I confirm easily my Series if 6 or 7 if my laptop is using chipset HM65 or HM76? I knew there should be sw for Mac same like CPU-Z for Win.

I'm just trying to figure out which of your USB patches I should use. :)

Sorry for stupid question can I confirm easily my Series if 6 or 7 if my laptop is using chipset HM65 or HM76? I knew there should be sw for Mac same like CPU-Z for Win.

I'm just trying to figure out which of your USB patches I should use. :)

It is likely 7-series. Laptops with 6-series boards and Ivy Bridge CPUs are extremely rare.

And... if you did have Ivy on 6-series, you would have known it by now as special things need to be done to enable HD4000 graphics.

Ok so I found out already I have 7 series board with HM76 chipset, so this usb_7-series-multiplex.txt is the patch I need, correct?

Btw, just any idea why with my other USB3 drives it works normally and with this G-Drive not? It's the 1st time I encountered problem with USB3 driver ever.

Ok so I found out already I have 7 series board with HM76 chipset, so this usb_7-series-multiplex.txt is the patch I need, correct?

Read the README on how to setup MaciASL. Then apply "7-series/8-series USB" (if you haven't already) and "7-series USB3 Multiplex".

Btw, just any idea why with my other USB3 drives it works normally and with this G-Drive not? It's the 1st time I encountered problem with USB3 driver ever.

Something about that specific device that the driver is not written to deal with.

Read the README on how to setup MaciASL. Then apply "7-series/8-series USB" (if you haven't already) and "7-series USB3 Multiplex".

Looks like not so easy - I used your "7-series/8-series USB" with no problems, but with "7-series USB3 Multiplex" when trying to compile I get 145 Errors.

I'm sending View attachment DSDT-multiplex.dsl.zip and View attachment Compiler Summary.pdf.zip if u have some time, can take a look.

I tried boot up system with "7-series/8-series USB" patch only, it looks like with GenericUSBXHCI.kext it works normally as before, but without GenericUSBXHCI.kext any device connected to USB port freezes system for 4s-PwrBtn shutdown. :(

This is last message I get upon boot up when USB device present in port:

SuperIODevice: [Fatal] found unsupported chip! ITE sequence ID=0xffff, Winbond sequence ID=0xffff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back