Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte X99-UD4
CPU
i7-5820K
Graphics
RX 580
Hello all

I am not even sure it related to the fact that I'm using a hackintosh, but I can't use an external USB 3.0 HD on my hack, this guy : http://www.storeva.com/fr/Xslim-USB-30-72.html.
I plug it, it works, it mounts, after 10 sec I have a error message "You should eject drive before disconnect it", then it mounts again, and etc.
Other drives works w/o any problems.
I really have to use this drive. Any ideas would be much appreciate.

I am using 10.11.2 with Clover, on a X99 UD4 (F20 bios) with a i7 5820 auto OC@4Ghz.

Thanks

Last edited:
Finally resolved it by plugging the disk at the bottom back usb3 port of my MB.

Finally resolved it by plugging the disk at the bottom back usb3 port of my MB.

This is an old thread but in case it helps others in future: I was having this problem with a specific drive on my hackintosh. I tried cables, everything.

In my case, it seemed to be power-related in the end - it would only happen when I had two devices plugged in to USB3 ports on top of my case. When one was plugged in to USB2 port, no issues at all.

I presume that the USB header from the motherboard just can't provide enough power to the two USB3 ports on top simultaneously and stably. So plugging in to other ports (back of unit or elsewhere) may do the trick.

I'm getting disconnections on a external storage device that has it's own power supply. The storage device is connected to the back of the motherboard. In addition, it has 3ft usb 3.0 extension cable on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back