Contribute
Register

USB 2.0 ports not working/help with modifying DSDT file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I successfully installed El Capitan and used Multibeast to install drivers and Clover EFI partition on my newly created hackintosh. My USB 3.0 ports work fine, however for some reason I cannot get my 2.0 ports working.

I've installed both 3rd Party USB 3.0 & 7/8/9 Series USB Support through Multibeast to no avail.

I've then tried to make sense and apply what I learned from this guide to try and get them working.
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306777-guide-usb-fix-el-capitan-1011/page-1

Removing the ports restriction didn't do anything, and when I tried to add the non-working ports manually to my DSDT file, but the EHC1/EHC2 & XHC1/XHC2 categories don't exist in the clean copy I exported from Clover. I'm assuming what I need is an edited DSDT file specific to my system, but I have no idea where to start in creating one (anyone out there good with that?).

I've also been reading that changing the model identifier in the Multibeast installation could help - but I can't seem to find one that has specifications that match my system (I'm currently using Macbook Pro9,2 and everything seems to work except USB 2.0 & Bluetooth)

Anyone got any advice on how to get these working?
I've attached my clean DSDT to this post if anyone was interested in seeing what's up!

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    40.1 KB · Views: 162
I am not home where I can look at your DSDT, Do you have your DSDT or is this just patches ? As for looking for entries, have you searched just for USB ? Like " Device (USB0) " ?

Thx,
TVO

The usb 2 devices are named EUSB and USBE.

Please try the attached SSDT (Place it in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched) and save and post a IOReg file from IORegistryExplorer.app

Attachments

• IORegistryExplorer_v2.1.zip
    253 KB · Views: 61
  • SSDT-8.aml.zip
    870 bytes · Views: 63
I successfully installed El Capitan and used Multibeast to install drivers and Clover EFI partition on my newly created hackintosh. My USB 3.0 ports work fine, however for some reason I cannot get my 2.0 ports working.

I've installed both 3rd Party USB 3.0 & 7/8/9 Series USB Support through Multibeast to no avail.

I've then tried to make sense and apply what I learned from this guide to try and get them working.
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306777-guide-usb-fix-el-capitan-1011/page-1

Removing the ports restriction didn't do anything, and when I tried to add the non-working ports manually to my DSDT file, but the EHC1/EHC2 & XHC1/XHC2 categories don't exist in the clean copy I exported from Clover. I'm assuming what I need is an edited DSDT file specific to my system, but I have no idea where to start in creating one (anyone out there good with that?).

I've also been reading that changing the model identifier in the Multibeast installation could help - but I can't seem to find one that has specifications that match my system (I'm currently using Macbook Pro9,2 and everything seems to work except USB 2.0 & Bluetooth)

Anyone got any advice on how to get these working?
I've attached my clean DSDT to this post if anyone was interested in seeing what's up!

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back