CPU
E5-2660
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is so funny. since many people here are reporting to have problems with 3.0 ports rather than 2.0 ports.

Previously I had already faced and bypassed the infamous "Still waiting for root device" problem. I hot-plugged my installation thumb from a 2.0 port to a 3.0 port and holy-cow, everything just magically works...Until I got to the installation GUI, where I can't move my god damn 2.0 mouse or press my 2.0 keyboard at all! (Yes, there aren't even power), I have to pre-plug my mouse to a 3.0 but I have only two sacred 3.0 ports. Nevermind I managed to navigate the installation by mouse and the problem re-surfaces as I cannot type anything on my login screen. Sarcastic.

Nope, 3.0 Hubs aren't working either, there's just no workaround...None of my 8 2.0 ports works...I have USBInject kext and it's live and well...Multibeast? Check. FakeSMC? Check.

What in the world just happened...

This is so funny. since many people here are reporting to have problems with 3.0 ports rather than 2.0 ports.

Previously I had already faced and bypassed the infamous "Still waiting for root device" problem. I hot-plugged my installation thumb from a 2.0 port to a 3.0 port and holy-cow, everything just magically works...Until I got to the installation GUI, where I can't move my god damn 2.0 mouse or press my 2.0 keyboard at all! (Yes, there aren't even power), I have to pre-plug my mouse to a 3.0 but I have only two sacred 3.0 ports. Nevermind I managed to navigate the installation by mouse and the problem re-surfaces as I cannot type anything on my login screen. Sarcastic.

Nope, 3.0 Hubs aren't working either, there's just no workaround...None of my 8 2.0 ports works...I have USBInject kext and it's live and well...Multibeast? Check. FakeSMC? Check.

What in the world just happened...

No hardware details in your profile.
Please fix as per rules: https://www.tonymacx86.com/rules/

[strike]Oh, sorry. By the way, there aren't any CPU option for E5-2660 so I chose 2670 instead. My Pascal 1060 is not on the list either...[/strike]
WRONG. I should not pick signature build.
There it goes. Hope it would be useful for diagnosing my current problem.

I believe it is partially due to AppleUSBEHCIPCI...My guts told me so, couldn't find the grounds why.
EDIT: Found the root of the problem...
AppleUSB20HubPort: AppleUSBHostPort::disconnect: persistent enumeration failures
This explains why I have the "Still waiting for root device" problem, the 2.0 ports are actively disabled so my Sierra USB thumb which is in a 2.0 port, would not be found.
Only my 3.0 ports survived the USB power management test, I don't know why.
Also, before the ports were disabled, I have observed my mouse and my keyboard (both of which are replugged to 2.0 ports) have blinked for a few times. After the disconnection message popped, they were deactivated.

Attachments

• 37742fc2-837f-4a4a-b54b-8cb092e866ca.jpeg
    37742fc2-837f-4a4a-b54b-8cb092e866ca.jpeg
    177.6 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
I believe it is partially due to AppleUSBEHCIPCI...My guts told me so, couldn't find the grounds why.
EDIT: Found the root of the problem...

This explains why I have the "Still waiting for root device" problem, the 2.0 ports are actively disabled so my Sierra USB thumb which is in a 2.0 port, would not be found.
Only my 3.0 ports survived the USB power management test, I don't know why.
Also, before the ports were disabled, I have observed my mouse and my keyboard (both of which are replugged to 2.0 ports) have blinked for a few times. After the disconnection message popped, they were deactivated.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Whoops, my bad. I'm pretty new to the Hackintosh Scene and so can't get a grip on the rules.

Anyway, is there any way to capture kernel boot log from Clover using USB? I mean, I can't even get past the installation boot...I found no logs in EFI/Clover and that won't be useful at all...An image of the scenario is all I possibly have.

Whoops, my bad. I'm pretty new to the Hackintosh Scene and so can't get a grip on the rules.

Anyway, is there any way to capture kernel boot log from Clover using USB? I mean, I can't even get past the installation boot...I found no logs in EFI/Clover and that won't be useful at all...An image of the scenario is all I possibly have.

Correcting USB is a post-install task.
Attach EFI/Clover (as ZIP, without themes).
For installation you should use a USB2 stick.
If you find one port that works, you can always plug a USB hub in that port for all your devices (keyboard/mouse/USB installer stick).

After ten million tries I gave up...The USB2.0 ports are misidentified as USB3.0 since my Port 0 and 1 are USB3.0 accordingly...Must be the hardcode in kext make it possible.

After ten million tries I gave up...The USB2.0 ports are misidentified as USB3.0 since my Port 0 and 1 are USB3.0 accordingly...Must be the hardcode in kext make it possible.

What do you mean by "misidentified"?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back