Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> USB 2.0 not working on macOS Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow! thanks! Now it's work! I can't believe my eyes

Last edited:
Oh wow, looks like this has worked for me on Catalina as well. Can't thank you enough!

Further to this I've switched out the top two USB ports for a front bay 2XUSB3 & 2XUSB-C adapter that plugs into the motherboard F_USB30 port. On first plug in, it seems to work...!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07VVWNG9R/?tag=tonymacx86-21

As a follow up, I wanted to ask how everyone had got on with their USB speeds? According to Black Magic disk speed test I'm only getting USB 2 speeds which ever port I'm in.

The above linked Front Panel card is getting the same results. (Strangely the OS recognises and works - slowly - with what ever I plug in to it, but Hackintool doesn't register that anything has been plugged in....!?). Does anyone have any insight into what I could have done wrong?

And also what I might have done to only deserve USB 2 speeds...? [as far as I'm aware I followed the instructions to the letter apart from 'the old patch limits' as I dont know what they are...]

Black magic report:

Front panel USB3/C external card: 20mbps WRITE / 40 READ
Back panel USB 3 slots : 20mbps WRITE / 160 READ
Front USB2 ports 20mbps WRITE / 40 READ

Thanks all

p.s, It could well be that the external card is just a cheapo and a bit rubbish. Happy for that to be confirmed if that's the case...!

p.p.s I've left the port limit patch on for the moment until I can get hackintool to realise what's happening.... could that be what's slowing stuff down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back