Contribute
Register

Urgent Help Needed! -- GIGABYTE Z77X-D3H

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got the same problem with my zotac gt 440 1GB. i tried chameleon 2.1-r2069 still no video load. i can boot with -x but installing nvidia driver always failed at the end(in safe mode). i even tried copy the nvidia driver manually following guide from KemalALKIN, he already patch kext with cuda and using natit.kext to properly detect the gt440 but still nothing.

i am so confuse with other people that saying its works, i did follow all unibeast step but still failed. :(

got something here, finally no freeze. i used ACPI roleback here http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...ze-thread-appleacpiplatform.kext.rollback.zip then used the nvidia driver by kemalkin and run kext utility, restart and youre in desktop.good luck!

Hi there, thanks!

Could you be a bit more specific though? When do I install the ACPI roleback you linked me to? And When do I use the NVidia drivers and run the kext? I'm quite paranoid about the order which I do things, I don't know if it affects at all.

1. Download KemalALKIN prepared driver from here http://www.osx86.net/view/3294-[new]_10.8.2_nvidia_geforce_gt_430_updated__fixed.html
2. After a successful 10.8.2 install, do the post installation with multibeast, select the basic needs like fakesmc, evoreboot, nullcpupowermanagment. (for my case, i got KP if i use eliotForceRTC, therefore i use the patch AppleRTC from multibeast)
3. Install chameleon http://chameleon.osx86.hu/file_download/41/Chameleon-2.1-r2069.pkg.zip (or you could try the latest chimera, not yet tested)
4. Then drag n drop ACPIplatform(rollback version), natit.kext(from the KemalALKIN) and all the files from (OpenGL&OpenCL&Speed).Kext.&.Bundle.by.KemalALKIN.zip to SLE. natit.ket detect my 440 even though kemalALKIN mention it for 430.
4. Finally run the kext utility from the kemalkin package.
5. Reboot

GOOD LUCK!

*JUST MY THOUGHT
If natit couldn't detect your gt 670, maybe you could add your deviceID. i'm not too expert in this. i'll try tomorrow with chimera, if it can enter desktop, that's mean the ACPI rollback and the new nvidia driver make it working.

*i didn't yet install the nvidia CUDA driver as mention by KemalALKIN guide. someone expert please correct me if any of my explanations are wrong. :)

forget to mention i used SMBIOS mac pro 5,1 and put GraphicEnabler=yes in the chameleon boot.plist

Have you tried just removing the graphics card and loading just User / No DSDT from MB 5.0.2? Load drivers and vid card later. boot with -v -x -f. Restart. -x.
Restart.

It worked for me.

If that doesn't work use MB 4.6.1.... I loaded ML on mine using this one, also checking System=> Repair permissions. Then boot with -v -x -f. Restart. -x.
Restart.
I have had more succes with MB 4.6.1

Have you tried just removing the graphics card and loading just User / No DSDT from MB 5.0.2? Load drivers and vid card later. boot with -v -x -f. Restart. -x.
Restart.

It worked for me.

If that doesn't work use MB 4.6.1.... I loaded ML on mine using this one, also checking System=> Repair permissions. Then boot with -v -x -f. Restart. -x.
Restart.
I have had more succes with MB 4.6.1

mmh let me get what you say straight, you're suggesting i do the following steps?

All the stuff in front as per normal:
1. when it loads OS X desktop for the FIRST TIME. I ONLY install Multi-beast 5.0.2 and check "User/ No DSDT" -> then install
2. Restart computer
3. Load with -v -x -f
4. loads OS X desktop, install Nvidia drivers
5. Restart computer
6. It should work after?

I really need my GTX 670 to work with Final Cut Pro ):

not very helpful here but i tried installing ML with

i7-3770 [not K] ->same CPU as you
Z77X-UD5H
HD4000 [on board video]

I had the exact same problems you do
even have the same error screens

I'm thinking it may have something to do with the CPU
but i never resolved it-
went back to Lion with my 6870
was also under serious deadlines [i'm using fcpX]

currently my geekbench score is 15079
which is kick ass!

if you have Lion, just go back to that for a painless install
you'll get your work done
and your [sore] forehead will thank you for it!

not very helpful here but i tried installing ML with

i7-3770 [not K] ->same CPU as you
Z77X-UD5H
HD4000 [on board video]

I had the exact same problems you do
even have the same error screens

I'm thinking it may have something to do with the CPU
but i never resolved it-
went back to Lion with my 6870
was also under serious deadlines [i'm using fcpX]

currently my geekbench score is 15079
which is kick ass!

if you have Lion, just go back to that for a painless install
you'll get your work done
and your [sore] forehead will thank you for it!

that's the biggest problem, i don't have lion. this is the first hackintosh i'm building. my macbook pro that died was running snow leopard. right now i'm resorting to borrow a friend's macbook pro to finish my work while i try fixing up my hackintosh.

has anyone managed to figure out how to fix the graphics card issue for GTX 670 ? it's been 4 days i'm still struggling and no one seems to know ):

sorry. but I am using MSI 6850 oc. I used the on board graphics until i had every thing up. then added the graphics card. Letme go a little deeper, I'll get back to you.

hey guys a friend told me it could be the fact that my BIOS version is not updated, that's why i'm having the GraphicsEnabler=0 issue. currently i'm on F7, should i update to F14 (i see most people are using that), or should i update to the very latest which is F18?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back