Contribute
Register

Upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10 in a Win7/OS X 10.9 Dual Boot System

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if I upgrade Windows 8.1 to 10 from Windows Update, it won't affect my Yosemite? I use UEFI on both Windows and OS X (Clover). My Windows and OS X are on differnt drives.

Thanks in advance!
If on separate drives no problem. Just disconnect the OS X drive, boot the Windows drive direct and run the update. Then reconnect the OS X drive, boot to UEFI and make the OS X drive first in BBS boot order again.

I did the upgrade, to windows 10 successfully when unplugged the OS X HDD. However i have trouble booting to either OS with both HDD plugged in, it won't boot the Chimera boot loader. It went straight to boot Windows 10 but failed. I can only boot to Windows 10 or Yosemite individually when the respective HDD is plugged. Anybody knows how to fix this?

I did the upgrade, to windows 10 successfully when unplugged the OS X HDD. However i have trouble booting to either OS with both HDD plugged in, it won't boot the Chimera boot loader. It went straight to boot Windows 10 but failed. I can only boot to Windows 10 or Yosemite individually when the respective HDD is plugged. Anybody knows how to fix this?
Go back and make sure of secure boot settings and all other settings you made for OS X. Windows installers have a habit of changing UEFI settings to what Microsoft thinks is optimum for Windows, which is not always optimum for other OS's installed on the hardware.

One of the reasons I like the new UEFI is that I can save a profile for each OS I boot. This lets me swap out drives with the hot swap bay, boot to UEFI, select a profile and boot the profile for the OS I am currently booting. Never have to worry about needing a setting one way for one OS and the opposite for a different OS.

Not really why the OEM's developed profiles, but it works.

Dear all

I had try to install the bual boot in one harddisk
I had seperate the hard disk in 3 drive, one for mac, one for windows 7 and one for space only.

After I installed the Yosemite than install win7, I see that I can see the "space" hard drive at OSX, but I can't see that hard drive at win 7.

I use other ver. Osx also no this problem problem, wish someone can help me to solve this issue.

Have anyone see that issue before and how can I solve the problem

Thank you.

Doesn't work at all for me!

Upgraded to Windows 10 - it's on a separate drive. Boots into OS X just fine, but there's no way to boot to Windows! All I have is a black screen with nothing on it displayed. It shows 2 partitions (in addition to OS X) during the boot called something "Microsoft NTFS" and "EFI", but they don't work.

I can boot using BIOS booting (which is quite annoying, has problems with Bluetooth keyboard so I have to restart a couple times), but Clover cannot boot my Windows 10 installation. It was previously working with Windows 7, 8 and 8.1. Doesn't work anymore :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back