HD4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a solid install of Mountain Lion, but it's time to update to Yosemite for compatibility reasons.
I'd prefer to wipe my current OS drive and begin with a fresh install of Yosemite.
Since I already went through the MOBO settings when installing Mtn Lion, do I need to go through these again for Yosemite?
I'll have a main OS drive and 3 additional SATA drives already working.
Ideally, I'd like to start with 10.10 and do the combo update to 10.10.5, or do I have to get separate OSX updates and separate unibeast/multibeast installers? per Yosemite update?
This machine is basically used for Pro Tools, internet and VLC to watch movies.

Thanks!

I have a solid install of Mountain Lion, but it's time to update to Yosemite for compatibility reasons.
I'd prefer to wipe my current OS drive and begin with a fresh install of Yosemite.
Since I already went through the MOBO settings when installing Mtn Lion, do I need to go through these again for Yosemite?
I'll have a main OS drive and 3 additional SATA drives already working.
Ideally, I'd like to start with 10.10 and do the combo update to 10.10.5, or do I have to get separate OSX updates and separate unibeast/multibeast installers? per Yosemite update?
This machine is basically used for Pro Tools, internet and VLC to watch movies.

Thanks!

If you prefer the old style of OS X you can go with Mavericks as it still has support.

I see..
I use it at work, but haven't upgraded this machine yet.
So, any issues with the updates once I get 10.10 installed?

Not really no. As long as you set it up correctly you'll be fine. Also which Bootloader are you using?

I would probably stick with Unibeast, unless Clover is better easier?

Clover wil work fine but Clover is hard to set up if its your first time with Clover. You maybe better with Chimera. But if you want to give Clover ago then id recommend trying it with a test drive. Look at this guide here this is for Chimera UniBeast: Install OS X Yosemite on Any Supported Intel-based PC This guide here is for Clover if you want to give it a try How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

Clover wil work fine but Clover is hard to set up if its your first time with Clover. You maybe better with Chimera. But if you want to give Clover ago then id recommend trying it with a test drive. Look at this guide here this is for Chimera UniBeast: Install OS X Yosemite on Any Supported Intel-based PC This guide here is for Clover if you want to give it a try How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

Thanks! Probably better for me to use Chimera, since that what I used last time. I've only done this once before and would rather go with what's semi-familiar and easier.

What about making images of the drive using Carbon Copy Cloner or Super Duper once I have everything working? Do these apps work with the Hackintosh format etc?

Thanks! Probably better for me to use Chimera, since that what I used last time. I've only done this once before and would rather go with what's semi-familiar and easier.

What about making images of the drive using Carbon Copy Cloner or Super Duper once I have everything working? Do these apps work with the Hackintosh format etc?

Yeah. Super Duper & Carbon Copy Cloner does indeed work with a hackintosh you can even use Time Machine Backup. Btw you don't have to erase the OS X drive you can just install 10.10 on top of 10.8 it won't hurt that way you will have all your data but recommend doing a backup before doing any changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back