3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Color Classic
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So like a few, I've had a rock solid build for the past few years and after the time invested I've been hesitant to update the OS or really do much of anything other than use my hackintosh for daily stuff. It's been so long, I'm confused on how I got this all working in the first place with open core but I remember spending days reading through material etc.

I installed the rx6750xt card and was happy to see that I could boot up fine, running off of the integrated graphics I'm assuming. Everything is a little laggy. To go about trying to get it working, where does a guy even begin? I've searched through the forums here and see so much old stuff but no real guide of where to start. Do I need to upgrade from Catalina to get it to work? Do I need to update Open Core first? If anyone could point me in the general direction, it would be very appreciated. Thanks in advance!

The general direction for the RX 6750 XT is that it isn’t supported in any version of macOS. See the link below for more information regarding A D GPU’s.

The RX 6400, RX 6500 & RX 6700 cards, or their XT/50 variants have no support whatsoever in macOS.

You need an RX 6600, RX 6800 or an RX 6900 card for support in macOS.

If you can return the RX 6750 XT and swap it for an RX 6800 or RX 6600/6650 you will be in a much better place regarding running macOS with full graphics acceleration.

The general direction for the RX 6750 XT is that it isn’t supported in any version of macOS. See the link below for more information regarding A D GPU’s.

The RX 6400, RX 6500 & RX 6700 cards, or their XT/50 variants have no support whatsoever in macOS.

You need an RX 6600, RX 6800 or an RX 6900 card for support in macOS.

If you can return the RX 6750 XT and swap it for an RX 6800 or RX 6600/6650 you will be in a much better place regarding running macOS with full graphics acceleration.

Thank you for the response and link. Bummer, guess I should have been looking more at compatibility than price and performance. I'm trying to upgrade so I can better run some VR games better on the windows side and got a good deal on this card.

I may be able to return to Newegg and replace with a RX6800 but it's going to cost me another $150-200. Was trying to upgrade without too much heat from the wife. ;)

Back