Contribute
Register

Upgrading to High Sierra from Mavericks 10.9.5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 8300 MT
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Been a while since I upgraded my OS. I haven't upgraded since Mavericks 10.9.5. I can't find a thread for upgrading my system (GA-Z68XUD-3H-B3 Intel i5-2500K HD3000 i.e Stork's "Son of Zorro Build") to High Sierra.
I have a dual boot (Windows 10) system. Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks
Jim

Stork, you've been a great help in the past, can you point me in the right direction?
Thanks

Thanks trs96! Then just back up with Carbon Copy Cloner, install El Capitan, then install High Sierra? Thats it?

Thanks trs96! Then just back up with Carbon Copy Cloner, install El Capitan, then install High Sierra? Thats it?
To upgrade from El Cap to to HS you'd need to follow this: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-high-sierra.232707/ You may just want to wait until the new Unibeast 8.0 and new Multibeast for High Sierra come out.

Have you upgraded to UEFI on your GA motherboard or is it still legacy BIOS ?

If you're not already using clover bootloader with Mavericks, I would just install El Cap on a new SSD for legacy booting with Clover. Then do the direct upgrade to HS as mentioned above.

Of course, have your Win 10 drive disconnected for the upgrade process.

Thanks trs96. I believe my motherboard is in Legacy bios. I am not currently using the clover bootloader. Is there an advantage to upgrading my MB to UEFI, and if so, is there a thread you can point me to? Would it affect my dual boot situation (ie. windows 10)?
Thanks again.

Thanks trs96. I believe my motherboard is in Legacy bios. I am not currently using the clover bootloader. Is there an advantage to upgrading my MB to UEFI, and if so, is there a thread you can point me to? Would it affect my dual boot situation (ie. windows 10)?
Thanks again.
I would just stay with Legacy BIOS it will make things much easier if you are booting Windows on the same PC.
When you have completed the El Cap install you will run Multibeast which installs the Clover bootloader for you.

Because I am running Mavericks, the App store won't allow me to download El Cap. I guess they want me to go directly to High Sierra. Any alternatives?

Because I am running Mavericks, the App store won't allow me to download El Cap. I guess they want me to go directly to High Sierra. Any alternatives?
Just get it from the App Store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back