Contribute
Register

Upgrading Mountain Lion to Yosemite advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH Mobo with Thunderbolt 3
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700K Processor (4 GHz, 4 Core, 8 Threads, 8 MB cache, LGA1151 Socket Box)
Graphics
Sapphire Pulse Radeon Rx 570 4gb Gddr5 Graphics Card
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if I could get some advice before I take the wrong route or mess up my current setup. Had a good search around the forum and picked up a few points but I’m still not 100% on the correct approach, so thought I’d double check.

I’ve successfully been running Mountain Lion (10.8.5) for over a year now and I’m keen to simply upgrade to Yosemite rather than do a complete clean install if that’s possible.

My current hardware setup is as follows:

Motherboard: GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 (F7)
Video Card: GV-R577SL-1GD (ATI Radeon HD 5770)
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz
Mountain Lion is installed on a Samsung Pro Evo 1TB SSD

The current boot loader I have is: Chameleon v.2.2svn r2463

Just to mention I have a previous old Snow Leopard Install on another hard drive (created via Tonymacs great install instructions :)) At the Chimera boot display I get the option to boot to Snow Leopard or Mountain Lion, I was hoping once I updated Mountain Lion to Yosemite I could still have the Snow Leopard install drive viable in the boot options. I aim to remove it soon but at the moment I still need to access the programs and files on it now and again.

I’ve created a USB with Yosemite on it using UniBeast so that’s all ready to go but any advice or guidance would be very welcome.

Best wishes,
Dale

Hi Guys,

Just wondered if anyone would be kind enough to give me a little bit of feedback on the above post.

Best wishes,
D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back