Motherboard
MSI Z370 Gaming Plus
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
I have an upgrade at GPU coming in this week and will be upgrading my RX580 to a RX6600XT and want to make sure all I need to do is update the boot-args to include "agdpmod=pikera". Everything I have found that should be the only change I need to make for the GPU.

Just upgraded my i3-8100 to an i7-9700k (man what an improvement) so want to do the last real upgrade I will need for quite sometime in the video card.

Also, just to make sure it is the boot-args that is under NVRAM add where I have "-v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 alcid=1". So I would edit that, power down, put in card and boot up should work without anything else.

Is there anything with device-id I need to change for the card since it is a NAVI23 instead of the POLARIS (0x67df) based card I have now?

On another note, is there a better search function on the forums without using google to search the website?

Native AMD GPUs​

#Navi 23 series

#Highest Supported OS: Current/Ventura (13)​

#Initial Supported OS: Monterey (12.1)​

As of 12.1, Apple has added support for the RX 6600 XT.

Supported Cards:

• RX 6600
  • RX 6600 XT
Needed kexts:

#

SOURCE:

MORE INFOS:

Just a shilly quest, why upload the Graphic card? I have RX580 and works well...

MORE INFOS:

Yeah That is the source I read about the boot-arg flag. All the NAVI cards need that flag. Just making sure that there isnt' anything else I should or need to do.

Just a shilly quest, why upload the Graphic card? I have RX580 and works well...

Yeah it does work well. Great card, but the 6600XT has a ton more horse power and wanted a better card to get higher performance games that I play both on Mac and Windoze.
I just wanted to add the best CPU I can support on my MB (well minus an i9 but it has miniscule gains over the i7-9700k, which I just upgraded to this week) and a better GPU.

Yeah, for games is ok. But I play sometimes and RX580 is still reliable. Good update, enjoy!

My 2cents, if the 6600 is PCIe 4 it has only 8 lanes remember that PCIE 4 has twice the bandwide of PCIe 3, so at the end I think you’ll get almost the same processig power of the 580.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back