Graphics
HD3000 (built-in)
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a Hackintosh that is running 10.9.5 on a GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 board with bios 9. It has been ROCK SOLID. It also has a fusion drive done with one of the guides here as well. The machine has been solid.

However, I cannot get it to upgrade to 10.10 at all. I've tried Unibeast. It goes stuck at the Grey/White Apple logo (or with -v it seems to get stuck at SMC: successfully initialized, PCI configuration begin).

I thought it might be a problem with the fusion drive, and I redid it using Chimera 4.0.1, but it still won't install 10.10.

Any ideas?

Is it that big of a difference?

Also, how would one upgrade the bios......

Ok, I think I'm making some progress here. I updated the bios to uefi. Not 100% sure I have all the bios settings correct.

I installed 10.10 again over an existing clone, and noticed that the older stuff in /Extra wasn't right and was giving me boot issues (like an immediate crash). Redid multibeast to that drive from another Mac, and now I get about half way on the grey apple logo/line progress bar.

I'm wondering what multibeast settings to use? I did the ddst less one, macpro. I do use the built in intel 3000 graphics. Do I need to enable that? Any particular bios settings I should enable/disable?

Thanks!

Yeah, 10.10.1 is just not installing on my system. I am reverting back to 10.9.5.

Actually, I found that moving back to Award Bios from UEFI was a lot better for me. UEFI was nothing but trouble on my system. I pretty much have my system stable now using F12 bios, and 10.10.1.

I'm just awaiting another 1TB drive to redo my fusion drive and I think I'll be back up and stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back