Contribute
Register

Upgrading from Mavericks to Mojave (GA-H87M-D3H)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H87M-D3H
CPU
i5-4590
Graphics
Intel HD 4600 + RX 480
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. LC
  3. Performa
  4. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everybody

I have just upgraded my hackintosh with Mavericks to Mojave yesterday, so I thought it might help somebody.

The build:

-GA-H87M-D3H
-i5 4590
-4x4Gb DDR3 1600
-AMD HD 7870 2gb (in place during the whole installation)
-ssd crucial BX500 480GB (replacing my old MX100 with Mavericks)
-caviar green 1TB, WD blue 1TB with one partition NTFS with windows 8.1 and one HFS+ used with macOS (both disks not connected during the installation)
-two screens, one one the IGFX and one on the graphic card, both connected during the installation.

The BIOS is set as in the guide, with primary device IGFX

The installation

I didn’t use UniBeast to make an installer. As I have a MacBook Air, I connected the new SSD in USB, installed Mojave 10.14.6, booted on the SSD (from the MBA) and installed the bootloader and the following kexts with MultiBeast before unplugging and putting the drive in my hack.

Kext installed at first:

-UEFI boot mode
-FakesSMC + plugins + app
-Realtek RTL8111 v2.2.2
-AppleALC
-7/8/9 Series USB Support
-USBInjectAll

I wasn’t sure at first but IT WORKED!!:D I booted directly from the SSD without any problem, both the IGFX and the graphic card worked BUT I had no sound nor ethernet….
As I used the official installer, the SSD have been reformatted in APFS.

The post-installation

-sound and ethernet

I removed manually the AppleALC and Realtek kext and reinstalled both with MultiBeast (I just changed to Realtek v2.1.0.d1), rebooted and everything works fine. The sound even works after sleep mode. Maybe you have to be on the right computer to install both kext? I also changed the sound in the clover options, I don’t know if it has any effect on the system…

-sleep and wake

The first time I tried the sleep mode, the wake-up half worked: the screen on the IGFX came back, but not the one on the graphic card. I rebuilt the kext cache with Hackintool and installed the WhateverGreen kext and everything works perfectly now. WhateverGreen even corrected a small artefact that happened during boot when the graphic card started working.

The sound works every time after sleep (I had to use RestartAppleHDA with Mavericks).

-USB

Ah… That was the weirdest part of the post-installation…:confused:

With the first 2 kext, I had only the 2 USB2 ports working (1 rear, 1 front) and 2 USB3 port working (1 rear, 1 front) …. As the iMac 14,2 has only 4 USB ports it seemed logical….
After rebuilding the kext cache, all the USB2/3 ports worked BUT not at the same time, and some only with USB keys but not with external hard drives, or the opposite (WTF??????o_O)

After installing Remove XHCI USB Port Limit, ALL the ports are perfectly working at the same time (I used all the USB devices I have ;)).

-App Store, iTunes Store, iCloud, iMessage

Work as a real mac, not the slightest problem. I don’t use iMessage, but it was automatically activated

-TRIM

Not working at the moment, I didn’t try to fix it yet.

So at the end I needed:

-UEFI boot mode
-FakesSMC + plugins + app
-Realtek RTL8111 v2.1.0.d1
-AppleALC
-7/8/9 Series USB Support
-USBInjectAll
-Remove XHCI USB Port Limit
-WhateverGreen (+Lilu)

I have one problem left. I have a windows 8.1 (legacy, not UEFI) on one of my HDD, it worked perfectly before Mojave, but now I can’t boot :problem:. I tried to select it in clover, in the bios, I disconnected all the « mac » HDD, but the message « System missing » keeps showing……. Any ideas before I try to reinstall windows?

I also have a few question lefts, if somebody has the answers it would be cool:

-should I update Lilu, WhateverGreen, Apple ALC and RealtekRTL8111 thru Hackintool? I checked a bit on the forum but I didn’t find the answer

-I prefer the basic clover theme rather than the tonymac, how to select that once and for all? It keeps restarting with the tonymac theme every-time I select it. Any other cool themes?

-I saw that the TRIM in APFS can lead to a slow boot, any news on this side? I really want to have the TRIM…

Thanks for reading until the end! :wave:

Well, I solved my windows problem by reinstalling windows 10 in UEFI mode.
I now have another problem, my graphic card is dead :mad: I tried with Mavericks, Mojave, Windows 10, can't use it anymore....

Well, I solved my windows problem by reinstalling windows 10 in UEFI mode.
I now have another problem, my graphic card is dead :mad: I tried with Mavericks, Mojave, Windows 10, can't use it anymore....

You can use your IGPU.
For MacOS
Device ID 0x04128086
Ig 0x0d220003, or 0x0a260006.

Yes, that's what I'm doing without any change! I always had one screen on it. It's just too slow for gaming ;-)
I'm looking for a RX4xx/5xx

Yes, that's what I'm doing without any change! I always had one screen on it. It's just too slow for gaming ;-)
I'm looking for a RX4xx/5xx
The XFX 460-560 has a bad bios but most other brands work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back