Contribute
Register

Upgrading from hackintosh running 10.10.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
So GPU-Z would also give enough info to determine this.

You can see in the fake GTX 1050 Ti description that they are giving the buyer a 550 Ti (GF116) and calling it a 1050 Ti !!

View attachment 381013

• If you already have Windows in the system , GPU-Z is a good alternative.
  • I did not find DPCI Manager identifying my Nvidia GT 710 Architecture in Hackintosh Mojave. ( Image attached)

• If you want to know your hardware (most of them) I find a Linux LiveDisc the easiest 'non-invasive test'; you get the answer without had disk installation.
  • Knowing Linux commands will be an asset but not required as long as Google search can be made!
  • Unlike Windows and Mac, Linux Forums are most friendly and faster to get answers to questions and you can find the usual Terminal Commands a lot easier from Linux Forums.
    2.DPCI Manager PCI List.png

Thanks everyone for the replies so far.

So sorry for taking so long to respond - Been struck down all week with a bad case of 'man-flu', so haven't even been able to look at a computer for days! :(

So....

I ran DPCI Manager, and the results came back as below:

nvinfo.png

I also seem to remember quite clearly when I bought the card that it was a Kepler card. I guess if the card had real issues I could temporarily revert to the built in Intel graphics anyway?

So...next steps? I didn't use Clover as a standalone to do my original installation, only Chimera.

I guess I should put an SSD into an external case, plug it in, and if the upgrade works, swap it to the internal one?

I didn't use Clover as a standalone to do my original installation, only Chimera.

I guess I should put an SSD into an external case, plug it in, and if the upgrade works, swap it to the internal one?
  • Not really.
  • I suggest Changing the bootloader Chimera in your current Yosemite 10.10.5 to the bootloader CLOVER BEFORE trying to upgrade Yosemite to the next OS X or macOS Mojave 10.14.X.

• You need to search the Forum for steps to convert Bootloader to Clover EFI or ask for help if needed for this important first step.

I say make a fresh install and use clover. After installing use the import data feature and select your old Yosemite installation

Thanks, guys.

I have a shiny new SSD in an external enclosure arriving today, so will give it a go.

I prefer the idea of a new installation as I need my computer this week for a big (paying) job! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back