i3-9100F
Graphics
RX 5600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone,

So I bought a used XFX 5600 XT thicc 2 pro (120 bucks), however after installation of the gpu while loading Mac OS X Big Sur (Latest version) it gets a black screen. I tried so far the following (please note the card works in windows just fine, dual boot):

Added agdpmod=pikera, disabled CSM, tried different DP and HDMI ports on card itself (3 DP, 1 HDMI), installed latest version lilu and WG kexts. Still nothing sadly.

I havent tried debugging yet, but before I do that maybe someone knows here what's going on and can advise me before I do all the churning. My thought would be its because its an XFX card the vbios might need a custom one or add the power tables (I believe I have seen something like that in these forums, havent researched it yet) in the config.plist.

Let me know if anyone knows something, everything works fine with the Nvidia GTX 780 card. (I could in worst case also have the nvidia card be primary for mac and 5600 for windows as a last resort too)

Asrock 365M Phantom Gaming (Latest bios)
32 GB ram corsair
9100f
XFX 5600 XT 6GB

Thank you,
Qwin

@oli.mathieu @brendanvincent can you guys chip in, I saw that you guys installed before an XFX RX 5600 XT card. How did you guys get it to work ?

@Feartech I got 3 hackintoshes :) but I will update to the one I am having issues with ^^

@Feartech updated it for now in account details, will use in the future signature too for others. Thank you

I resolved the issue! So just wanted to reply with anyone having the same issue, it turned out all I needed was to just switch SMBios from iMac19,1 to iMacPro1,1 and boom it worked. So seems like somehow my hardware worked with 1,1 after I added an XFX 5600 XT, I am not sure why but hey if you get stuck try a different SMBios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back