Contribute
Register

Upgrading from Catalina to Ventura

Be sure to install AMD card first in Catalina and get it working before you upgrade to Ventura.
Okay. Once the card is installed, I was wondering if the upgrade process would be difficult. Also, I was thinking of upgrading to Monterey first while I purchase the card. Would you know if this is a good idea and if it would be difficult to do?

I was thinking of upgrading to Monterey first while I purchase the card. Would you know if this is a good idea
If you haven't done so already, be sure to map your USB ports correctly before departing from Catalina :

Okay. Once the card is installed, I was wondering if the upgrade process would be difficult. Also, I was thinking of upgrading to Monterey first while I purchase the card. Would you know if this is a good idea and if it would be difficult to do?
You can upgrade straight to Ventura. You can use the latest OpenCore files for Monterery and it will work for Ventura too since config.plist hasn't changed much.

Here's the setup guide for your computer to use with Monterery/Ventura.

You can upgrade straight to Ventura. You can use the latest OpenCore files for Monterery and it will work for Ventura too since config.plist hasn't changed much.

Okay. Thanks so much.

Back