nVidia GeForce GTX 550Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
My system specs are in my sig, I want to know the best way to upgrade to 10.6.2 from 10.5.7 (currently working like a charm.. Audio, Video everything)

Should I be upgrading to 10.6 (is there an easy way) or can I upgrade directly to 10.6.2 using Easybeast??

If anyone has any pointers, please do let me know..

praj said:
My system specs are in my sig, I want to know the best way to upgrade to 10.6.2 from 10.5.7 (currently working like a charm.. Audio, Video everything)

Should I be upgrading to 10.6 (is there an easy way) or can I upgrade directly to 10.6.2 using Easybeast??

If anyone has any pointers, please do let me know..

If you can, keep your current install- you may need it, and you don't want to be without a working OS. I've made that mistake many times... :p

Anyway, pick up another sata hd if you don't have one already- it's just better to be safe than sorry. And a Retail DVD- and you can use the iBoot/MultiBeast method. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hi Tony,

Thanks a ton for that, I'll be sure to do that over the weekend..

Though I am concerned why my RAM isn't showing the proper speeds.. It shows perfectly (1600MHZ) on Win7 x64

but on Mac..

Attachments

• screen-capture.png
    screen-capture.png
    48.7 KB · Views: 226
praj said:
Hi Tony,

Thanks a ton for that, I'll be sure to do that over the weekend..

Though I am concerned why my RAM isn't showing the proper speeds.. It shows perfectly (1600MHZ) on Win7 x64

but on Mac..

If you use Chameleon RC4 AsereBLN, it will show the proper speed. You'll also need a theme, and a smbios.plist without any mem info at the bottom- any of the ones in MultiBeast will do- here's what I see.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-03-20 at 12.17.06 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-03-20 at 12.17.06 PM.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 190
Here's what I did when upgrading my Wife's computer (not to SL, mind you, but the principle is the same).

I added a second partition to the drive her leopard installation is on, and then used Disk Utility to restore the first partition to the second, that way I always a backup in case something goes funky. You might have to play with your bootloader once you've restore the partition to the other, depending upon how you had it set up. I found it easier to temporarily install chameleon on the second partition and use that as the backup partition. Once you've gotten the first partition upgraded and fully functional, you can install chameleon on that partition, wipe the second partition, and then expand the first to use up the whole disk again (if you did it the other way around, you wouldn't be able to expand the second partition to fill the whole disk).

Well, I screwed up trying to upgrade to 10.5.8 just to get Safari 4.. Once upgraded, I tried in driver only mode, but it's still a no go..

I guess all my data is lost, getting 10.6 Retail tomo, But if anyone has ideas to get 10.5.8 working, from , I'm all ears..

adamsmasher said:
What happens when you try to boot it? What errors are you getting?

Error parsing plist file

Is what i get..

Same error.. in fact the error comes up when Chameleon loads.. Even before an OS is chosen..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back