Motherboard
ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero
CPU
I7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1070 SC2
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Just did my hardware swap and though ran into some issues like not having the cooler connected, I seem to have things in working order though some other things seem a little buggy (will come back to those later). My first concern though is that I don't have the right smbios or maybe its not the right bios setting? I had used the same settings for bios that I had used with my 7700k chip & maximus ix mb (now running a maximus x mb).

My geekbench score is=
Single-Core Score
Multi-Core Score

Any thoughts as to why that might? Currently have smbios set to imac 18,3. Clover configurator still lists that setting as 7700k though which seems wrong..

You not too far off. My z370 & 8700k overclocked to 4.8GHz yeilds.
As far as the SMBIOS goes there are no CoffeeLake Macs yet so 18.3 is as close as we get.
Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 10.32.56 PM.png

Oh that’s good to know. Planning to overclock to 5ghz so I’m sure that’ll help.
You not too far off. My z370 & 8700k overclocked to 4.8GHz yeilds.

Think I jumped the gun on the performance issue thing. I did the test right after completing my build. I had a weird feeling about something being off and opened up hwmonitor. Overheating alert! Turns out the random cable I had leftover after my hardware upgrade was the freaking connector for the cpu cooler :slaps face:. Did a test after that which seemed a little better.. then I installed nvram and got my audio working and alas my current geekbench reads-
Single-Core Score
Multi-Core Score

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back