Contribute
Register

+Upgraded to bleeding edge hardware and got cut.. (ASRock Fatal1ty Z87 Professional w/ Intel i7 4770

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mavericks 10.9.1
CPU
ASRock Fatal1ty Z87 Professional
Graphics
ASUS - GTX 680 2gb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
(SOLVED) +Upgraded to bleeding edge hardware and got cut.. (ASRock Fatal1ty Z87 Professional w/ Intel i7 4770k)

-
Ok, so I successfully upgraded to Mavericks 10.9.1 with the specs currently in my signature, and after verifying that i was stable and could succsesfully and relibly boot into Mavericks I upgraded my Motherboard and CPU to an ASRock Fatal1ty Z87 Professional Mobo, and an Intel i7 4770k Haswell CPU. I then successfully patched my bios with PMPatch to fix the power management bug with the new z87 socket 1155 boards, I have also disabled and enabled the typical bios settings such as CPU Muti-Core Enhancement, setting sata controller settings to AHCI and such, I can boot onto my Mavericks SSD and start the booting process..

but I'm getting stuck right after it loads my boot arguments.
..and by stuck I mean instantly rebooting as soon as I get to my boot arguments,
/screenshot: http://s3.postimg.org/vqio7817n/20140202_234233_10.jpg

-
Ok, so I successfully upgraded to Mavericks 10.9.1 with the specs currently in my signature, and after verifying that i was stable and could succsesfully and relibly boot into Mavericks I upgraded my Motherboard and CPU to an ASRock Fatal1ty Z87 Professional Mobo, and an Intel i7 4770k Haswell CPU. I then successfully patched my bios with PMPatch to fix the power management bug with the new z87 socket 1155 boards, I have also disabled and enabled the typical bios settings such as CPU Muti-Core Enhancement, setting sata controller settings to AHCI and such, I can boot onto my Mavericks SSD and start the booting process..

but I'm getting stuck right after it loads my boot arguments.
..and by stuck I mean instantly rebooting as soon as I get to my boot arguments,
/screenshot: http://s3.postimg.org/vqio7817n/20140202_234233_10.jpg

You need to patch the kernel or patch the BIOS. For kernel patching: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html

I would love to know more about how you got this working. It seems like this motherboard isn't popular to run Mac OS on. Can you give me details about what you used to update the BIOS, and what the update is? Also, what did you use to install OS. Was it 10.9, or a previous version? Do you know what can be expected when Yosemite comes out? Will you be able to just install through the Apple App Store, or will it require the whole process be repeated to install it manually?

I have been reading, but not clear on what to expect after I get the OS working.

Thanks ahead for any help or suggestions.

-MajorMalfuncshn

I would love to know more about how you got this working. It seems like this motherboard isn't popular to run Mac OS on. Can you give me details about what you used to update the BIOS, and what the update is? Also, what did you use to install OS. Was it 10.9, or a previous version? Do you know what can be expected when Yosemite comes out? Will you be able to just install through the Apple App Store, or will it require the whole process be repeated to install it manually?

I have been reading, but not clear on what to expect after I get the OS working.

Thanks ahead for any help or suggestions.

-MajorMalfuncshn

Lol, okay! :D
first you need a patched mach_kernel.. (*insert super easy tutorial here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html you only need the first patch, but i have both for the lolz.)
without it you can't boot at all, after that you'll never get the sound working.
but you can buy a high quality sound card like the one i have:
http://www.softwarecity.ca/item/XonarU7.html?utm_source=shopbot&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopbot
or any other usb one will work. (anything under 40 bucks is garbage in my opinion (also stay away from pci usb combos.. those don't work.)) (pci soundcards for make that work aren’t a thing, believe me iv'e tried like 300$ pci soundcards)
other then that it's an amazing board! :D
i've tried the new Gigabyte z87 OC Force (their top of the line z87 model), the ASUS z87 Expert (2 boards away from their best z87 board), the AsRock z97 OC Formula (their top of the line board) and they were all garbage compared to this one. (except for the sound not working) it's leaps and bounds better then all the other ones i've tried.. especially the asus.. ugh makes me gag.
although the oc formula still gives me nighnares.. , hard pic.

-
Oh yeah only the top of the 2 ethernet ports work.. probably could get them both working, but ain't nobody got time for that second unused ethernet port! xD

// Also stick to mavericks 10.9.0 or 10.9.1, all the other versions past those have made my system run like garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back