I am currently running the following:
Mavericks
Gigabyte GA-B85M-HD3 -LGA1150
Intel Core i3-4330
Transcend 4GB (1x4GB) DDR 1600 MHz
Samsung EVO 120GB (SSD)
Gigabyte GZ-X1 Black Chasis
Corsair VS650 Series 650W ATX PSU

And want to upgrade to Yosimite but am I am new to all of this and do not want to have to many issues with the move as I cannot afford to lose any data and be offline for very long. So i was thinking of purchasing a new SSD and then doing a fresh install on the new SSD while keeping Mavericks running on the old SSD.

Any thoughts?

Yes, what you said! :D

Good luck!

I had previously installed an mSSD in my Hack because the mobo had a slot for it. I was a bit disappointed in the speed because the slot isn't SATA3. But when Yos arrived it was very convenient to have a second device to work with.

The short answer is I think you have a good idea there. I will keep the Mavericks boot around until I have full confidence in Yosemite. Then I will upgrade the FAST (500Mb/s) SSD.

Thanks guys.

Then I want use the Geforce GT740 will this card work on a plug and play basis, as I wont to simply install the card and then ensure that the HDMI audio and Video work out of the box with no additional procedures and when i do a software update i do not have to run additional procedures. As this is the case with the on board HDMI port.

Please can you provide input?

Do you think i should use a dual boot or should i just make the changes in the BIOS?

I hate dual boot setups and just use the BIOS boot myself (pressing F12 during boot) but since I no longer run Windows on a physical drive (I use VMWare now for the very odd occasion I need to run Windows) I don't need to anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back