NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hello

I just tried updating to Ventura, it boots from the USB fine and gives me the option to install Ventura.
It gets through to about 8 mins of the the install left and does the normal restart (from what i can remember).
I press the down arrow on boot up (as i have Monterey, windows HD's plugged in to the computer) to choose the HD ventura was installed to.
Instead of carrying on with installing/setting up Ventura, it loads in to OS reovery and wants to install monterey (i think it was that one).

I created the EFI by coping my current working EFI, opening it in the latest OCAuxiliary Tools and updating opencore and the kexts to the latest versions, saving it back down and adding it to a fresh Ventura on a usb stick.

Any ideas on how to get this to carry on installing?

Thanks

hello

I just tried updating to Ventura, it boots from the USB fine and gives me the option to install Ventura.
It gets through to about 8 mins of the the install left and does the normal restart (from what i can remember).
I press the down arrow on boot up (as i have Monterey, windows HD's plugged in to the computer) to choose the HD ventura was installed to.
Instead of carrying on with installing/setting up Ventura, it loads in to OS reovery and wants to install monterey (i think it was that one).

I created the EFI by coping my current working EFI, opening it in the latest OCAuxiliary Tools and updating opencore and the kexts to the latest versions, saving it back down and adding it to a fresh Ventura on a usb stick.

Any ideas on how to get this to carry on installing?

Thanks
Usually after the first boot there should be an additional icon that says "Install MacOS...." which is also usually the default choice. That will continue to show until installation is completed which requires rebooting several times. Does that icon not show?

In that boot I get the opencore boot menu, where I press the down arrow to choose which install to boot from (or reset the vram). In there it says “install macOS” (which is the HD I installed Ventura on) or something similar. So when I choose that it goes in an install screen and try’s to install Monterey

so number 5 is the HD i installed Ventura on, when it does the reboot on the install i choose "macOS installer", it then reboots the computer, goes to an apple logo, then flashes another apple logo, then boots in to OS Recovery screen then it comes up with the install options like you are installing a new OS, but the options is to "reinstall macOS Monterey"

IMG_3028.jpg

so number 5 is the HD i installed Ventura on, when it does the reboot on the install i choose "macOS installer", it then reboots the computer, goes to an apple logo, then flashes another apple logo, then boots in to OS Recovery screen then it comes up with the install options like you are installing a new OS, but the options is to "reinstall macOS Monterey"

View attachment 571924
Looks like you'd need to select option 4 unless that is the USB Drive, maybe try unhooking some of the other hard drives you apparently have

Looks like you'd need to select option 4 unless that is the USB Drive, maybe try unhooking some of the other hard drives you apparently have
yep, no4 is the usb, no5 appears after the initial install. I did think that but the main drive is an NVMe and i'm just hoping that removing them is not needed because thats a ball ache.

I've just reformatted the install drive, but noticed it might not of been in APFS. Since doing that its gone in to the 2nd install part with 20mins to go (black screen, apple logo), so im hoping its just that

Back