Contribute
Register

Upgrade to Sonoma USB reboots at startup

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Intel > Need model name/number > See Forum Rules!
I currently have mojave and clover installed. I followed this guide, can anyone help me understand why my usb drive won't boot with clover.

1. Press F12 to get to boot menu
2. Select USB from boot menu
3. (2-3 seconds) Boot menu appears again... Select USB from boot menu

That's as far as I get. Please help! :)

Last edited:
Here you go

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 5
Here you go
you have no kexts in clover/kexts/other folder

you may also want to move over to opencore, a lot easier to setup nowadays and a lot easier to troubleshoot

Is there a guide that shows what kexts I need. I'm not seeing it anywhere on here. I'll switch over to OpenCore but I will also need a guide for setting that up.

Is there a guide that shows what kexts I need. I'm not seeing it anywhere on here. I'll switch over to OpenCore but I will also need a guide for setting that up.

Thanks @Leesureone. That's the guide I followed originally. I now have the kexts in my clover/kexts/other folder but I'm still benig presented with the boot screen each time I try to boot from USB. Can anyone please help.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 3
Thanks @Leesureone. That's the guide I followed originally. I now have the kexts in my clover/kexts/other folder but I'm still benig presented with the boot screen each time I try to boot from USB. Can anyone please help.
is that the same files from the guide above?

Back