Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ive been trying to upgrade from 10.6.3 to 10.6.7 for quite some time now. Have been since new upgrades have been available. My problem is that when its about to finish upgrading I cant install multibeast extensions or Rebuild caches or fix them. I cant finish because I get a Restart screen that takes over the entire screen and the mouse and keyboard are unresponsive.

Then when I reboot it just hangs at the Apple screen, ive tried in safe mode and verbose but it just stops. I forget what the kext is, but ive been looking at other posts about upgrading in Single User Mode and that I cant.

What does that mean Single user mode, and how can i fix that? Will I be able to Upgrade?

My hardware is stock from retailer i purchased the laptop.
Intel Core i3-330M
4GB Memory
Intel HD Graphics
everything works except for QE graphics as you might see because of the HD Graphics.

Please Help Thanks in Advance.

BieberBoy_93 said:
Ive been trying to upgrade from 10.6.3 to 10.6.7 for quite some time now. Have been since new upgrades have been available. My problem is that when its about to finish upgrading I cant install multibeast extensions or Rebuild caches or fix them. I cant finish because I get a Restart screen that takes over the entire screen and the mouse and keyboard are unresponsive.

Then when I reboot it just hangs at the Apple screen, ive tried in safe mode and verbose but it just stops. I forget what the kext is, but ive been looking at other posts about upgrading in Single User Mode and that I cant.

What does that mean Single user mode, and how can i fix that? Will I be able to Upgrade?

My hardware is stock from retailer i purchased the laptop.
Intel Core i3-330M
4GB Memory
Intel HD Graphics
everything works except for QE graphics as you might see because of the HD Graphics.

Please Help Thanks in Advance.
single user mode is reached with -s as a boot flag at startup. It takes you into a command line only environment.

Intel IG is no longer supported since 10.6.5 and will hang on boot.
Try this: Install to 10.6.3. Update to 10.6.7 but do not reboot. Instead, run Finder and navigate to /System/Library/Extensions and delete AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext. After that run System Utilities in MultiBeast to repair the permissions on your HD.
By deleting those kexts it might work (or not) but w/o QE/CI and perhaps just with 1024x768 resolution.

Thanks for the help. I tried doing that but like i said the restart your mac takes over the entire screen and i cant click anything until press the power button to gain access and reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back