Contribute
Register

Upgrade stable High Sierra Installation to.........?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
P65_P67RGRERA
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700HQ
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M
Hello.

I have been away from the community for so long, and all my previous resources have either vanished without a trace or have moved elsewhere without my knowledge. I was performing a general Google search seeking what the heck I could even upgrade my High Sierra installation to, because ....never-mind about that.

What is the best possible version I could safely upgrade High Sierra to? I don't think I could leap directly to BigSer or whatever that is

I have been long out of the loop so I am quite rusty with the upgrade processes and could use some help, if possible.

I fear that I would not be able to get the information that I need to upgrade from here to there because I do not know how to proceed.

With the forum rules, I feel like I am walking on eggshells to prevent getting myself banned or whatever (I read the rules) so I will appreciate any information that will help me upgrade from High Sierra to whatever will work.

What information would you need from me to proceed further?

Hello.

I have been away from the community for so long, and all my previous resources have either vanished without a trace or have moved elsewhere without my knowledge. I was performing a general Google search seeking what the heck I could even upgrade my High Sierra installation to, because ....never-mind about that.

What is the best possible version I could safely upgrade High Sierra to? I don't think I could leap directly to BigSer or whatever that is

I have been long out of the loop so I am quite rusty with the upgrade processes and could use some help, if possible.

I fear that I would not be able to get the information that I need to upgrade from here to there because I do not know how to proceed.

With the forum rules, I feel like I am walking on eggshells to prevent getting myself banned or whatever (I read the rules) so I will appreciate any information that will help me upgrade from High Sierra to whatever will work.

What information would you need from me to proceed further?
you will have to replace your Nvidia card with a compatible AMD card to upgrade

or you can use your intel graphics up to Monterey (possible to spoof for Ventura)

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your very prompt response. I know that my Gaming Lappy is using such an old version of Mac OS that I should be tarred and feathered. :laugh:

Because it is a compatible notebook, upgrading the GPU is not possible, so I would accept whichever newest version upgrade that I could perform.

You mentioned that Ventura would be the best possible candidate?

If so, would a direct upgrade from High Sierra to that be possible?

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your very prompt response. I know that my Gaming Lappy is using such an old version of Mac OS that I should be tarred and feathered. :laugh:

Because it is a compatible notebook, upgrading the GPU is not possible, so I would accept whichever newest version upgrade that I could perform.

You mentioned that Ventura would be the best possible candidate?

If so, would a direct upgrade from High Sierra to that be possible?
for some reason I thought you were posting in desktop support :)

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

you can remove your signature:

laptop guide:

While I appreciate a link to a FAQ, the problem with my situation is that I would not know which questions I would need to ask or search for to get the information I need to proceed further.

It appears that questions such as mine are unwelcome within this type of forum, so it might be best to continue my search further.

Thank you for your previous responses to my thread

While I appreciate a link to a FAQ, the problem with my situation is that I would not know which questions I would need to ask or search for to get the information I need to proceed further.

It appears that questions such as mine are unwelcome within this type of forum, so it might be best to continue my search further.

Thank you for your previous responses to my thread
Motherboard should say the make and model of your laptop

Graphics should say the Intel HD530 (assuming you have intel graphics)

create a usb installer using opencore from the link above

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back