Contribute
Register

Upgrade Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
The driver is up to date. With no updates available, I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it as downloaded from the website. Same problem.

What connection/cable/adapters are you using from your GTX980? What monitor do you use?

My monitor is an ASUS MG278Q connected via DisplayPort. I tried an HDMI and DVI cable and neither of them solved them problem either.

Can you boot using nv_disable=1 and manually edit AppleGraphicsControl.kext using the instructions from slim.jim below.

• Open Terminal

• Enter this command (it is one line)

sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist

• Arrow down to where you see <key>ConfigMap</key>

• For the iMac15,1 locate the board-id "Mac-42FD25EABCABB274" and change string below it from "Config2" to "none". For the MacPro6,1 you will do the same thing but for the board-id "Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6". For the iMac17,1 you'll have to see which board-id is declared in your config.plist SMBIOS: "Mac-B809C3757DA9BB8D" or "Mac-65CE76090165799A" or "Mac-DB15BD556843C820" and change the appropriate entry to "none".

• Save the file by pressing Ctrl+O, then enter.

• Exit by pressing Ctrl+X

• Rebuild the kernel cache using the following two commands in terminal:

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
    sudo kextcache -system-caches

• Reboot

So, none of the addressed lines apply to me, but I searched for the Board-ID listed in my config.plist file. It is Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61, but the line underneath it already says 'none.' Should I have it say 'Config2?'

Edit: Disregard, I have tried that as well as 'Config1.' Feel like a bull in a China shop messing around with this kind of programming. But that just made me revisit the problem of not being able to enable the NVIDIA Web Drivers.

Last edited:
So, none of the addressed lines apply to me, but I searched for the Board-ID listed in my config.plist file. It is Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61, but the line underneath it already says 'none.' Should I have it say 'Config2?'
For the Nvidia drivers to work it has to be set to 'none'. I was ruling out anything that is causing your black screen issue. Could you upload you config.plist, attach it here so I can take a look. Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back