Contribute
Register

Upgrade Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
I redid the Multibeast install as directed. I am still getting kernel panics when I try to start by selecting the drive, but the Clover bootloader (listed as "UEFI OS" in the BIOS) still boots fine.
Is that not how it is supposed to work? I removed the extra kexts from the Extensions folder as directed by the "Removing Chimera" link and I am still unable to boot with anything but Clover.

Pepin, 2nd request - please fill out your profile as requested in Post #2, and you agreed to the Rules when you registered. I don't want to keep scrolling back to post #1 to remind myself of your hardware.

You now are using the UEFI Clover boot loader. So in the BIOS you now select UEFI*your hard drive name* as boot priority.
This should allow you to boot into macOS Sierra. Do the Nvidia drivers keep defaulting to macOS drivers?

I updated my profile.

No joy on booting from the drive directly. When booting from Clover, though, the NVIDIA drivers keep defaulting to the OSX drivers, yes.

Thanks, your motherboard is wrong you have the GA-Z170X-UD5, are trying to confuse me?! Booting from the drive itself is booting legacy.

Ok booting from Clover, once at the desktop follow the steps from my post#439.
Ignore the other ticked boxes, that is what you already have installed in your Clover folder.
In the installer you'll want to hit Continue,Continue,Customize. and √ the selected below then install
Screen Shot 2017-02-05 at 20.13.55.png

Uh-oh. That might be the source of my problems. The information in the profile is accurate.

Uh-oh. That might be the source of my problems. The information in the profile is accurate.
Then post#1 is wrong too. The ethernet kext is correct, you have Intel, the audio is not but we'll figure that out later. Lets get graphics working with the above steps.

Well, this is odd.
Reinstalling Clover with the additional stuff now makes selecting the drive in BIOS also start Clover. After performing the normal boot, the screen goes blank and I lose input to the monitor, with or without nvda_drv=1.

Well, this is odd.
Reinstalling Clover with the additional stuff now makes selecting the drive in BIOS also start Clover. After performing the normal boot, the screen goes blank and I lose input to the monitor, with or without nvda_drv=1.
You will always start Clover. This is how macOS works and how it boots. What system definition did you use?

iMac 14.2.

I booted with nv_disable=1 to restore the monitor. The good news is that the NVIDIA Web Driver is selected. The bad is that, I suppose, it's disabled.

While you're booting with nv_disable=1 you'll need to update the web drivers for macOS Sierra.
In System Preferences > Nvidia Driver Manager > Check now for updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back