Contribute
Register

Upgrade (Not Clean Install) from 10.7.5 to 10.8.2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Hackintosh
CPU
i-7 950
Graphics
NVidia GTX 285
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok so I know very well how to do a clean install. however I don't want to do that.

I have a ont of apps, both little and small, that I refuse to re-install due to a clean wipe. What are directions for JUST upgrading. Is it as simple as putting ML on the USB drive via UniBeast, booting up and following through...or is there something else that needs to be done?

I found one site that said I need a real Mac in order to do the upgrade? Is this true? Am I screwed?

Yeah, I have the same question. Just want to check before I go through the effort and end up having to do a clean install anyway... really don't want to install everything again...

No one has an answer to this yet???

Same as install always is.
Backup-Backup-Backup-Clone
Create UniBeast USB with Install Mac OS Mountain Lion.app in app folder + UniBeast.
Boot UniBeast, point installer at the existing Lion partition. Install.

Same as install always is.
Backup-Backup-Backup-Clone
Create UniBeast USB with Install Mac OS Mountain Lion.app in app folder + UniBeast.
Boot UniBeast, point installer at the existing Lion partition. Install.

Ok just making sure as I was deathly afraid it would overwrite instead of upgrade.

uh ...

#1 you are trying to upgrade a "non official mac".... and you want to keep all your file and app and system setting ...(i don't think it will work flawlessly)

#2 Rule number 1 in computer is alway backup. And clearly upgrade is a big step. which mean you need to Backup the image before doing anything.....

#3 You can try to install MLion over the current Lion partion but most likely some of your app might not work. because Mountain Lion is 64bit.... it's going to create some problem...already. But try anyway it's not going to hurt since you should already have an Backup of Lion Image of your working Hard drive.

- Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back