CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
GTX 980
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just build my Lion Hackintosh, so I have very little if any cruft in my system. Has anyone tried a straight upgrade with the ML installer? Would I theoretically be able to do that and not have to run MultiBeast afterward? Or if I ran MultiBeast, would I choose the same options I had previously? I'm too antsy to wait for Tony's guide. ;)

I'm using a GA-Z77-DS3H with an SSD for boot/apps, 1TB drive for "Home" and a Radeon HD 6870.

You need Multibeast to reenable Audio drivers. They always get overwritten during an upgrade, especially when it's a major "update" like mountain lion. Let's just wait a little bit and prepare for the great guide ;)

I was wondering the same thing. everyone seems to be doing a clean install. can you not just upgrade?

Have the same question here. Just don't want to re-install all my apps again after the update.

Of course you can upgrade.

Here's ANOTHER silly question: If things go awry, how bad it is it to "restore from backup" via Time Machine on my Hack? Everything on the backup is the Unibeast-installed, MultiBeast-tweaked version of Lion I'm running now.

I'm so full of nooby questions today...

Here's ANOTHER silly question: If things go awry, how bad it is it to "restore from backup" via Time Machine on my Hack? Everything on the backup is the Unibeast-installed, MultiBeast-tweaked version of Lion I'm running now.

I'm so full of nooby questions today...

Super Duper and Carbon Cloner* are excellent apps for that.

I'll probably pick up Carbon Cloner if Time Machine is a bad idea.

I just bought it and and installed. It rebooted and nothing happened. Still 10.7.4

Did you just run the installer or did you create a UniBeast disk?

My assumption (and really, I'm guessing here) would be that if you have two OS X installers in your Applications folder (your old Lion one and your new Mountain Lion installer), UniBeast may have simply chosen the Lion version to make its disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back