Contribute
Register

Upgrade fully working Hack from Ivy Bridge to Coffee Lake...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
5700 XT OC 8gb
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong area, please move to the correct section if required.

Hi all, due to my rapidly increasing photography speed/storage/workflow with Lightroom/PS and Premiere Pro, I really need to upgrade my hack.

How easy is it to remove my Ivy Bridge Mobo/CPU/RAM and replace it with Coffee Lake? I'm really hoping it'll be reasonably straightforward due to not needing to swapping SSD's etc, but I may be wrong!

Would someone be able to advice as to a) Is it possible, and b) How painful is it?

I'm currently on OS 10.12.6 via Clover and it's working very well, so I wouldn't want to jeopardise it in any work.

All help is massively appreciated! :headbang:

Firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong area, please move to the correct section if required.

Hi all, due to my rapidly increasing photography speed/storage/workflow with Lightroom/PS and Premiere Pro, I really need to upgrade my hack.

How easy is it to remove my Ivy Bridge Mobo/CPU/RAM and replace it with Coffee Lake? I'm really hoping it'll be reasonably straightforward due to not needing to swapping SSD's etc, but I may be wrong!

Would someone be able to advice as to a) Is it possible, and b) How painful is it?

I'm currently on OS 10.12.6 via Clover and it's working very well, so I wouldn't want to jeopardise it in any work.

All help is massively appreciated! :headbang:

Witch motherboard and cpu do you think to buy?

Because it will be different hardware, you will have to change some thinks, like SMBIOS number, kexts for the new motherboard etc.

Witch motherboard and cpu do you think to buy?

Because it will be different hardware, you will have to change some thinks, like SMBIOS number, kexts for the new motherboard etc.

Hi Jim, thanks for the reply. I'd be looking to purchase the i5-8700k, Gigabyte Z370 Aurus Gaming 5. I currently have an Intel i7-3770k and a Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H.

I would be happy if it was just an SMBIOS change along with a few Kexts, Although i'm not 100% sure how I would do those changes :confused:

Hi Jim, thanks for the reply. I'd be looking to purchase the i5-8700k, Gigabyte Z370 Aurus Gaming 5. I currently have an Intel i7-3770k and a Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H.

I would be happy if it was just an SMBIOS change along with a few Kexts, Although i'm not 100% sure how I would do those changes :confused:

The hardware you have choose it will be compatible with Mac os Sierra and High Sierra.

The changes you can do it with MultiBeast at first. I'm not sure if the project will be plug n' play but with little tricks you will be fine.

The hardware you have choose it will be compatible with Mac os Sierra and High Sierra.

The changes you can do it with MultiBeast at first. I'm not sure if the project will be plug n' play but with little tricks you will be fine.

So, would I run MultiBeast on my current configuration, then install the new mobo/CPU/RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back