Contribute
Register

Upgrade from High Sierra

I'm currently unsure what is wrong with my old High Sierra boot stick as it results in a black screen, despite verbose -v being on.

I also tried to set up a separate new Boot Stick with OpenCore and a macOS Ventura Installer, but this is still work in progress. Trying to boot my old system with OpenCore fails with a "Error: Could not find APFS system volume handle", and trying to launch the installer crashes with the complaints about USB, I probably need to read up on the USB port mapping.

I'm currently unsure what is wrong with my old High Sierra boot stick as it results in a black screen, despite verbose -v being on.

I also tried to set up a separate new Boot Stick with OpenCore and a macOS Ventura Installer, but this is still work in progress. Trying to boot my old system with OpenCore fails with a "Error: Could not find APFS system volume handle", and trying to launch the installer crashes with the complaints about USB, I probably need to read up on the USB port mapping.
also Ventura is out of the question with your hardware

also Ventura is out of the question with your hardware

What part is problematic? How far can I upgrade? The graphics card is getting updated, otherwise I thought you said I could upgrade straight to Ventura?

What part is problematic? How far can I upgrade? The graphics card is getting updated, otherwise I thought you said I could upgrade straight to Ventura?
High Sierra with your nvidia

Ventura if you remove your nvidia and use your built-in Intel graphics

I'm still unable to get the installer to start from the USB drive. I attached the boot log along with the EFI content.

Attachments

• opencore-boot-log.txt
    256 KB · Views: 0
  • EFI.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 1
Back