GIGABYTE ATI Radeon HD 6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I am trying to update from 10.6 to 10.6.8 on my machine with an i5 sandy bridge but I have ran UpdateHelper and then ran the 10.6.8 combo and each time it has kernel panic'd. I have done this before but I cannot figure out what is causing it, I have never had this issue before in the past. My motherboard is: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68

Hi,

I am trying to update from 10.6 to 10.6.8 on my machine with an i5 sandy bridge but I have ran UpdateHelper and then ran the 10.6.8 combo and each time it has kernel panic'd. I have done this before but I cannot figure out what is causing it, I have never had this issue before in the past. My motherboard is: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68

Did you reboot after UpdateHelper before applying the combo update?

Hi,

Brenden1096

I assume you have a matching DSDT file that is the same for your BIOS that is installed to your MB.

THen you should follow this abbreviated install guide.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
How to do a sandybridge cpu w compatable hardware OSX hack 10.6.8 build. jester969

Typical installation steps are:
1) iBoot + Disk Utility + install Snow Leopard DVD (perform install via DVD) reboot
2) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD (boot with iBoot and loading OS via newly installed HDD) - get welcome screen
3) Run Update Helper and Reboot?
4) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD, run combo update 10.6.8 , DO NOT reboot
5) Run Multibeast and select option which are required to your board and run System Utilities.
6) Reboot w/out iBoot

Audio/Ethernet/DSDT

DSDT and BIOS firmware must match to the corresponding number.

Of course you may need to use some of the command switches that you used in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back