Contribute
Register

Updating to 10.11 causes freeze on reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus K53E-BBR-17 Clover 3424 10.10.5 UEFI, Windows 10 UEFI (main HD) 10.11.4 (external partition)
CPU
Sandy Bridge Intel Core i5-2450M CPU HM65 Chipset
Graphics
Intel HD 3000 Integrated Graphics 1366x768 resolution, 8GB ram
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone, I have an Asus K53E-BBR-17 laptop with a core i5 sandy Bridge HM65 chipset, HD3000 graphics, stock mobo, 4GB ram, I am currently running Yosemite with everything working on an external drive. My main HD is 10.9.5 with clover r3259. I am trying to update to El Capitan. I run the app, it restarts, I select Boot OSX Install, the install runs through, and restarts just fine. On reboot I choose, Boot OSX from El Capitan HD. Verbose output shows normal boot up but then hangs for a few minutes on Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport. Eventually, it goes to the apple screen with the loading bar underneath and the cursor in the upper left. But the cursor never moves and the loading bar never loads. Things that I have tried thus far: booting with -x, -x -f, booting into single user mode and removing IntelHD and IntelF kexts. I have also tried to inject a fakeID of 0x30010, 0x0 for properties, checking off Inject and No Properties in Configurator. Graphics works in Yosemite and I am really at a loss here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hi everyone, I have an Asus K53E-BBR-17 laptop with a core i5 sandy Bridge HM65 chipset, HD3000 graphics, stock mobo, 4GB ram, I am currently running Yosemite with everything working on an external drive. My main HD is 10.9.5 with clover r3259. I am trying to update to El Capitan. I run the app, it restarts, I select Boot OSX Install, the install runs through, and restarts just fine. On reboot I choose, Boot OSX from El Capitan HD. Verbose output shows normal boot up but then hangs for a few minutes on Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport. Eventually, it goes to the apple screen with the loading bar underneath and the cursor in the upper left. But the cursor never moves and the loading bar never loads. Things that I have tried thus far: booting with -x, -x -f, booting into single user mode and removing IntelHD and IntelF kexts. I have also tried to inject a fakeID of 0x30010, 0x0 for properties, checking off Inject and No Properties in Configurator. Graphics works in Yosemite and I am really at a loss here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Did you disable SIP?

Wow... Rehabman, thanks for responding. Yes, I disabled SIP with 0x3. I wound up booting into my main HD and ran the clover installer and installed it directly to the external hard drive, rather than running the Beta.app again. This time it does boot up... But so far Ethernet is the only connection that is working. Power management is not working as I'm getting spinning beach balls with every click of the mouse. ACPIBatteryManager.kext is not working, nor is Bluetooth. If need be, I'll make a new post.

Wow... Rehabman, thanks for responding. Yes, I disabled SIP with 0x3. I wound up booting into my main HD and ran the clover installer and installed it directly to the external hard drive, rather than running the Beta.app again. This time it does boot up... But so far Ethernet is the only connection that is working. Power management is not working as I'm getting spinning beach balls with every click of the mouse. ACPIBatteryManager.kext is not working, nor is Bluetooth. If need be, I'll make a new post.

Power management, battery status, all the same on 10.11 as 10.10.

Bluetooth depends on the BT hardware you have.

And USB is totally new and will probably require changes (port injector kext, additional DSDT patches).

Oh ok. I'll check it again, try on a new test partition, and report back the results. Just got off of work and am making my way home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back