Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Is it possible to update hack os (machine was configured from april's post "Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide April 2013") from system? i mean, without formatting current HDD, and set up new version of mac os "from zero"... I read this forum a little, and found, that in Leopard users could simple update software from "Software Update" default app in mac os. What about 10.8.2?

If Apple will release 10.9, can i just update system from default app, or i will have to set up new system? And what about updating software in 10.8.2? Can i update them (like safari, xcode, etc...) by default tool?

If no -> How can i update soft/system?

P.S.: Sorry for bad English. I'm not an "English person".

Thanks for attention)

Is it possible to update hack os (machine was configured from april's post "Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide April 2013") from system? i mean, without formatting current HDD, and set up new version of mac os "from zero"... I read this forum a little, and found, that in Leopard users could simple update software from "Software Update" default app in mac os. What about 10.8.2?

If Apple will release 10.9, can i just update system from default app, or i will have to set up new system? And what about updating software in 10.8.2? Can i update them (like safari, xcode, etc...) by default tool?

If no -> How can i update soft/system?

P.S.: Sorry for bad English. I'm not an "English person".

Thanks for attention)

From the install DVD, you can install 10.6.0 or 10.6.3 (the 2 versions of 10.6 available on DVD). You can use any combo update downloaded from Apple support to update to 10.6.8, you can do it one at a time 10.6.4, 10.6.5, 10.6.6, 10.6.7, then 10.6.8 or you can go straight from 10.6.3 to 10.6.8.

Same for Lion - Create your UniBeast USB installer, install. use the combo updates one at a time or go straight to 10.7.5 (I think this is latest version).

Same for Mountain Lion - just use the combo update to get to the latest version. (10.8.3 last I checked)

Combo update is the preferred method. Some people have great luck and the auto updater works, but in my experience it causes problems more often than not, so I disable it.

10.9.0 - whatever they wind up naming it - will probably need a new UniBeast USB installer to be made to install it.

From the install DVD, you can install 10.6.0 or 10.6.3 (the 2 versions of 10.6 available on DVD). You can use any combo update downloaded from Apple support to update to 10.6.8, you can do it one at a time 10.6.4, 10.6.5, 10.6.6, 10.6.7, then 10.6.8 or you can go straight from 10.6.3 to 10.6.8.

Same for Lion - Create your UniBeast USB installer, install. use the combo updates one at a time or go straight to 10.7.5 (I think this is latest version).

Same for Mountain Lion - just use the combo update to get to the latest version. (10.8.3 last I checked)

Combo update is the preferred method. Some people have great luck and the auto updater works, but in my experience it causes problems more often than not, so I disable it.

10.9.0 - whatever they wind up naming it - will probably need a new UniBeast USB installer to be made to install it.

Will any new updates erase all my docs and system configuration? BTW, where can i find info about how update mac os using UniBeast, can u send link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back