Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
A new version of MultiBeast has been released for Sierra.
I was wondering if I need to download it and reinstall all the drivers to keep my system functioning , or is it just for people who are reinstalling Sierra on their hackintoshes ?

Would like to know the answer as well.

Is MulitBeast for initial setup or should be used to update drivers on an existing installation?

When a new version of MultiBeast is released, it has the latest drivers/kexts. In this case for Kaby Lake installations. If your system is working OK on 10.12.4, then you don't have to update.

However, if you do update, read the MultiBeast v9.1.0 Announcement and the Note in that Announcement. There is another problem if you use the FakeSMC Plugins. So, after running MultiBeast v9.1,
- Removing the FakeSMCGPU.kext from /Library/Extensions/ folder
- After rebooting, running MultiBeast again to reinstall as per the Note in the MultiBeast v9.1.0 Announcement:
:ch: Drivers > Audio > (Your audio driver)
:ch: Drivers > Audio > 100/200 Series Audio <--- if you have a 100/200 series motherboard​

Got it - just to confirm Multibeast doesn't check to see if you have an outdated drivers right?

It will just install your selection as instructed.

The enemy of good is better.

If you are bound to make changes be sure you have a clone of the working installation and know how to restore it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back