Contribute
Register

updating GA-X58A-UDF bios to FE5 for sata3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
X58A-UD3R
CPU
3.3ghz
Graphics
9800GT
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I just got a new OWC SSD SATA3 drive, but realize now i cant use it to its max. I was thinking of getting the eSATA 6G PCIe Controller Card. Is this really the only solution right now to getting sata III speeds on a hac? Would updating the bios break the machine too or would it help? I cant seem to find anyone else that has updated to the latest bios. It looks Gigabyte added a new bios updater too, dont want to mess up my system with a permanent bios update.

So has anyone else gotten Sata3 SSD's to work at full speeds?

so i got that card, but I am still having problems getting full speed. Under my system profiler this is what I get. I am clueless now

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-06-05 at 6.03.59 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-06-05 at 6.03.59 PM.png
    52.6 KB · Views: 130
FE5 (beta release) is just supposed to add support for 3TB+ drives. Do you have your SATA3 SSD hooked up to either SATA connectors GSATA3_6 or GSATA3_7? The other SATA connectors on the MoBo are SATA2.

Yea, I have them now hooked up to the card i just purchased. but now that doesnt show up as sata3!!! it still comes up as sata2 and even with a slow negotiated speed of 1.5 i dont understand. the card is supposed to be plug/play with a real mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back