Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z270 Mark I
CPU
Intel I7-7700K
Graphics
Gigabyte Radeon RX 460
Hello,

I'm looking to update my hackintosh from Sierra to Catalina, wondering is this is a good idea for my system and if anybody could give me any tips.
I have a Z270 motherboard with I7-7700K processor. I'm using both the integrated graphics (intel HD630) and an RX460 for my dual screen setup (which only works when I hot-plug the second screen once fully booted). I have a PCI card with the BCM94360CD chip for wifi and bluetooth.

I tried to take the first step and update Clover (from 4097 to 5122) but it didn't work out too well: when I rebooted only my windows partition showed up (thankfully I had backed up my old EFI to a USB drive).

Anyways, what I really want to know is :
Can I get Catalina to run with my hardware?
Is it a good idea to try to update my system or should I aim for a fresh install?

Hello,

I'm looking to update my hackintosh from Sierra to Catalina, wondering is this is a good idea for my system and if anybody could give me any tips.
I have a Z270 motherboard with I7-7700K processor. I'm using both the integrated graphics (intel HD630) and an RX460 for my dual screen setup (which only works when I hot-plug the second screen once fully booted). I have a PCI card with the BCM94360CD chip for wifi and bluetooth.

I tried to take the first step and update Clover (from 4097 to 5122) but it didn't work out too well: when I rebooted only my windows partition showed up (thankfully I had backed up my old EFI to a USB drive).

Anyways, what I really want to know is :
Can I get Catalina to run with my hardware?
Is it a good idea to try to update my system or should I aim for a fresh install?

Your system should be compatible with Catalina.

I would recommend you do a fresh install on another disk. Not only will this probably work better for you, but in case of problems you have your Sierra disk to fall back to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back