Graphics
HD Intel 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone, any procedures for the 10.8.3 - 10.8.4 update on HP Probook 4530s? Sorry, it's been awhile, thanks guys.

Updating 10.8.3 to 10.8.4 on 4530s

Hi everyone, any procedures for the 10.8.3 - 10.8.4 update on HP Probook 4530s? Sorry, it's been awhile, thanks guys.

See sticky guide for update procedures.

See sticky guide for update procedures.

Ok Heres what I've always not liked about forums.. I searched Google for "10.8.4 4530s" and this was the first link it took me too...So in theory, Perfect place for the answer to "Whats going to happen to my 4530s when I update". So since I'm fairly noobish and RehabMan, you seem to be one of the main content aggregator how about a section on the home screen explaining all the lingo around here... Like "sticky" I assume its the ML install sticky note you're referring to. I know it sounds like I'm complaining and really what I'm asking for is a big ask cos lets face it this whole site is not really for Apples target user so to speak.... I just feel like sometimes people just have the attitude of "learn it yourself" which I get, It has ultimately helped in the past. just a thought.

Ok Heres what I've always not liked about forums.. I searched Google for "10.8.4 4530s" and this was the first link it took me too...So in theory, Perfect place for the answer to "Whats going to happen to my 4530s when I update". So since I'm fairly noobish and RehabMan, you seem to be one of the main content aggregator how about a section on the home screen explaining all the lingo around here... Like "sticky" I assume its the ML install sticky note you're referring to. I know it sounds like I'm complaining and really what I'm asking for is a big ask cos lets face it this whole site is not really for Apples target user so to speak.... I just feel like sometimes people just have the attitude of "learn it yourself" which I get, It has ultimately helped in the past. just a thought.

If you look at a forum it presents you with a list of threads. And the threads listed first (at the top) are prefaced with "Sticky:" So, if I say look for a 'sticky guide', yeah it is lingo, but one would think that people would notice the threads marked 'Sticky:' at the top of the forum when they first visited and perhaps look for one that has the word 'guide' in it.

So, the only way to make it more obvious is to add a 'sticky lingo' thread, and hope people read it, so they know what 'sticky' means. I'm not sure that would help in this instance.

I don't know... there are a lot of things that are tricky with hackintosh, but I'm thinking that finding the meaning of sticky when referenced in these forums really isn't that difficult. Sometimes we have to slow down, take a little time to explore, and discover for ourselves.

P.S. You should have seen it before I came here and created the stickies and organized a lot of other content!!

I don't know... there are a lot of things that are tricky with hackintosh, but I'm thinking that finding the meaning of sticky when referenced in these forums really isn't that difficult. Sometimes we have to slow down, take a little time to explore, and discover for ourselves.

+1

My order of operations is as follows:
1. have problem
2. google it
3. google again with different search phrase
4. search forums
5. problem solved (90% of the time)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back