Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7
CPU
I7-4790K
Graphics
RX 590
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After some searching I found a OC6,4 EFI for my - rather old - LGA1150 system (GA-Z97X-Gaming 7, Core I7-4790K 4GHz etc.) system. Runs fine. Updated from Catalina to Big Sur without any issues.

To get a later version of OC and newer Kexts I updated OC via OpenCore Auxiliary Tools. Updated fine to 7.8 (latest version in the app) and it says that when OC bootmenu comes up. Hower if I check in Big Sur I still get, that I am running 6,4 ...

"nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:eek:pencore-version" gives
"4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:eek:pencore-version REL-064-2020-11-12"

Also get 6,4 when I check with Hackintool.

Any suggestions for that? I did not have secureboot enabled so did not have to do anything about that before update.

Secondly: Can I change the bootentries when OC starts up? I have a Linux install that OC finds but it is just labeld "r" ... and my old Catalina install that was updated to Big Sur is still labeled Catalina.

Thank you in advance!

After some searching I found a OC6,4 EFI for my - rather old - LGA1150 system (GA-Z97X-Gaming 7, Core I7-4790K 4GHz etc.) system. Runs fine. Updated from Catalina to Big Sur without any issues.

To get a later version of OC and newer Kexts I updated OC via OpenCore Auxiliary Tools. Updated fine to 7.8 (latest version in the app) and it says that when OC bootmenu comes up. Hower if I check in Big Sur I still get, that I am running 6,4 ...

"nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:eek:pencore-version" gives
"4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:eek:pencore-version REL-064-2020-11-12"

Also get 6,4 when I check with Hackintool.

Any suggestions for that? I did not have secureboot enabled so did not have to do anything about that before update.

Secondly: Can I change the bootentries when OC starts up? I have a Linux install that OC finds but it is just labeld "r" ... and my old Catalina install that was updated to Big Sur is still labeled Catalina.

Thank you in advance!
at the opencore boot picker, choose to reset nvram

Or in a more targeted manner :
Code:
sudo nvram -d 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:opencore-version
Thank you very much :) That did the trick! It now shows 7,8.

Any suggestions for getting the bootentries "fixed"/updated?

I have a Linux install that OC finds but it is just labeld "r" ... and my old Catalina install that was updated to Big Sur is still labeled Catalina.

A minor thing but since I am in the process of fixing things :headbang:

Catalina install that was updated to Big Sur is still labeled Catalina.
maybe due to you calling the hard drive Catalina when you had Catalina installed?

maybe due to you calling the hard drive Catalina when you had Catalina installed?
It was called Catalina until I updated to Big Sur ....

It was called Catalina until I updated to Big Sur ....
there is a thread here that may help:

(I call my drive "macOS" so no issues with upgrading :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back